Mesa Studio 22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Studio 22

Well guys, I got my Studio 22 back. It is an original older model with the metal toggle switches, no EQ and no master lead level control. Let me start off by saying that I AM A BOOGIE GUY. I love them. I love all kinds of Boogies. Recto's, Dual Calibers (although I never played one damn it, I know I would like it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]), Studio's, Nomads, Marks, etc...
    My original bare bones Studio 22 is my favorite. It is a tone monster. Together with my Twisteramps custom made preamp it can do anything. It has the perfect tone for anything from SRV to Santana to Maiden to Metallica (Master of Puppets era). It is so reactive to your playing it almost sounds and feels alive. You can actually feel the valves opening. It breathes. Other amps do too but this one almost reminds me of a Chucky doll!! Anyway, the Studio 22 is a great amp. Thanks Mesa Boogie. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Mesa Studio 22

Thanks! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I knew you would chime in pal!! You're friend to the end!

Comment

Glad you got her back, funny how shiot works out sometimes huh? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Very cool amps. I'd kill to find one in a head, even though I found another .50 EL84 amp finally. The .22s just have a great classic overdrive... I can't think of another amp that sounds like one. I had a Mark III at the same time as a .22, and compared them... I still preferred the .22's tone through the same 4x12 cab.

Pete

Comment

Me too Pete. The .22's classic overdrive is unmatched even by other Boogies. It is such an open sounding overdrive. With the gain on 6 and my Twisteramps pedal on 2 it is perfect for 80's metal. Click off the pedal and it is great for late 70's early 80's rock.

Comment

Heh Pete, Can a guy still buy one of your petals. If so what will it cost me. You can e-mail if you don't want to post prices. I have a very early 22 with the eq. in the fancy wood case and the cane grill. Love playing around with the different sounds you can get out of that amp. Take care, Dana

Comment

Working...
              X