Warning: Undefined array key 13594 in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key 13594 in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key 13594 in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key 13594 in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Road Warrior Mixers - JCFonline.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Road Warrior Mixers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Warrior Mixers

Does anyone use the PA1200C by Carvin?
    I've read some reviews about this portable mixer and I like what I hear. HERE are the specs.
    I'm trying to decide whether or not to go for something like this (for recording and live playing) or a rack mount Pod XT.
    I'd kinda like something I can play electric, bass, and acoustic through.
    Watcha think?

Em

Re: Road Warrior Mixers

Not sure what yer asking - the mixer and the pod are two different types of gear. You would run the Pod through the mixer, not either/or. There's no amp/cab simulation - just time-based processing (reverb/delay/chorus)

The Carvin mixer will handle small events (tiny clubs, backyard parties, etc). Should be fine for live sound. As for recording.... no. There is only one set of line outputs - running yer Pod direct to a console/recorder will yield the exact same number of inputs, without the signal coloration/loss that would be introduced by adding unnecessary gear to the signal path.

If I've misunderstood your intended use, post some more details. I mix live sound for a living these days, and would be happy to steer you to the right gear for your situation.

Ron
    750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
    Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

What Nor said. The Pod XT works great for acoustic, bass and guitar, but it doesn't have any 'real' bass amp models. I used my XT before I bought a Vetta to record direct acoustic guitar w/piezo pickup, and it was fine for that. With the new software revisions, the Pod XT is a bargain.

Pete

Comment

Hey Ron,

Thanks for the reply.
        Okay, yeah, I think I didn't make myself too clear. So here's the deal.

First the pod. My only intent with that is to give myself some more options with the amp modeling feature when recording. I prefer dedicated pedals rather than guitar effects processors, but whatever. Anyway, I don't know how the pod can run through this particular mixer since the pod has a USB digital out and the mixer doesn't have a USB input. So I'm a little confused there. What I would most likely do is run the pod direct to my soundcard.

Okay the mixer. My intent with that is for live sound (for now to support PA for a small acoustic set), monitoring and recording. I thought that you could record through this? It has two RCA outputs I could covert to phono and run straight to my soundcard. It has 2- 24 bit stereo processors and my soundcard (audigy 2ZS Platinum) has a 24 bit input so I could get some nice, even sampling. Maybe I'm way off the mark here, I dunno.

Basically I'm looking for something I can run electric, acoustic and bass through. You answered my question about that regarding the pod, Twister. Thanks. I didn't know you could run acoustic through that. Good to know. I know there is a pod for bass too- been looking at that.

The reason I brought up this mixer is because I think it has some more options in the long-run and I wanted to know if anyone has or does use this mixer and what they use it for. It does have effects you can dial in, which is cool, and 3 amplifiers. So that's why I was wondering if I would need the pod at all. Like I said, for anything specific I use a dedicated pedal and I'm not a big effects junkie anyway. With the mixer could I bypass even needing a head and cab? Does this make sense? Because that is what I was thinking. Though a 5150 through a Marshall cab is wicked sweet.
        The pod I do plan to get eventually.
        For PA and mixing and all that... I'm still doing my homework.
        Does this make sense? Because I think I just spun myself around in a circle. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Thanks guys. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Em

Comment

A mixer isn't really going to do a whole lot for you other than 'mix' sounds together. If you were recording a group, you need a mixer. If you play live with several instruments, you need a mixer. Some mixers have effects built in, but they aren't preamps... more like delays, reverbs, choruses, etc. I don't think they make a mixer with preamp effects (amp emulation, etc) built in. Now some higher end digital recorders that also have mixers built in do this...

I'd get a pod xt. For playing gigs, you probably ought to either rent a PA or find a soundguy you can hire that provides PA... and see how much gear you'll need. The band I'm in now has a HUGE investment in sound reinforcement gear, and we just play bars. There's a mixer, power amps, bass bins, crossovers, monitors, microphones, stands, a rack of effects, lights, light controllers, snakes, etc... you could spend a LOT of money for your sound reinforcement needs or just pay a guy to provide equipment and run sound.

Again, I think you need a Pod XT. You'll get good sounds quickly and easily, and can just plug the output into your soundcard directly... they have analog AND the USB outs.

Pete

Comment

Thanks Pete.

I did not know the Pod xt has analog output as well, very cool! That changes things somewhat.

As far as live sound goes, I'm married to a soundguy! He has a bunch of equipment, minus the lights and smoke. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

For this mixer I just wanted to know if someone has used it, how they like it, and what they used it for. I like its portability and was thinking I could get two birds with one stone, so to speak. Yeah, I agree. The pod would be the better investment right now.

Thanks. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Em

Comment

Working...
            X