Carvin MTS head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Carvin MTS head

interesting....I have always wondered what those Carvin MTS amps sounded like. they are price pretty effectively. But, I do see where you want a Mesa Boxcar, I love mine. I dont think you can go wrong with a single rec, But I would consider a Rectoverb so you can have the reverb too. JMO. Let us know how the tube change works on the MTS!!
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

My guess is the tube change is not going to do much. The kind of distortion and gain that ole Willie is looking for can only come from a Rectifier. A MT-2 metal zone in front of the MTS could work too.

Comment

Well I replaced all the preamp tubes with Groove Tube Gold series 12AX7R2s today and it sounds much much better-I think I've got it sounding how it's supposed to sound. I'm still gonna have the tech that we use at work look at it and run thru it, and I might try some 6L6s in there too.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Well I replaced all the preamp tubes with Groove Tube Gold series 12AX7R2s today and it sounds much much better-I think I've got it sounding how it's supposed to sound. I'm still gonna have the tech that we use at work look at it and run thru it, and I might try some 6L6s in there too.

[/ QUOTE ]
          Let us know what happens!! It sounds like you are getting there!!

Comment

me and boxcar have chatted about this a bit - I'd be realy curious about the bias - apparently the previous owner did some "tweaking" on the internal trim pot. If you don't get that right your tubes will wear out much quicker.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I would buy a New MTS head if they would add a Master Volume knob to it and alot of the guys on the Carvin board agreed. It would really benefit from this addition. Jack.

Comment

Working...
              X