Opinions on the soldano sl60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on the soldano sl60

How would it work for 80´s hardrock like accept, dokken europe, judas priest and stuff like that?
    And would it be loud enough, or should i go for something with 100 watt?
    And how is the overall sound compared to the slo100?

Re: Opinions on the soldano sl60

If you are looking for Accept and Dokken tone you should be looking at the HR50 or the SLO100.

Comment

ok, whats the diffrence in tone between slo100 and the sl60?
      And doesnt have to sound just like dokken or accept, just good for 80´s hardrock in general.

Comment

I have never heard a SL60 but I can tell you that a HR50 and a SLO100 will do the job for sure.

Comment

Not relevant but ACCEPT and Metal Church have some of the best tones ever recorded IMHO.

Comment

The SL 60 was made overseas as far as I remember...

Comment

Well, the thing is that i have found a sl60 for about a third of the price a slo100 would cost here in sweden, and already this sl60 is almost more than i can aford at about 1000$.
              Would i be better of with a jcm 800 or should i go for this soldano?

Comment

OK, so the real question is JCM800 or Soldano SL60?

Depends on a lot of factors.

I've heard lots of bad things and only one good thing about the SL60s.

What year and model JCM800? Thats a pretty broad lineage.

Comment

I havn´t looked at any particular jcm800 but a head at 50 or 100 watt at the right price is what i´m looking for.
                  Another option is a laney gh100 that i found at not even half of the sl60 price, maybe this is the best way to go, so i can put away some money for a new axe.
                  Right now i´m playing through a solid state custom combo, so either of this amps would be a big trade up.

Comment

2203 or 2204...single channel JCM 800's are the one trick pony that you want to get then [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Be prepared to use an OD pedal (Boss SD-1) in front and maybe a GE-7 graphic EQ. You'll need some earplugs cause both the 50 watt 2204 and the 100 watt 2203 are fuggin loud as hell, but man they sound sweet when cranked past the 1/2 way point.
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

So you think 50 watt would be enough?
                      Guess it sound sweeter if i buy a 50 watt so i can CRANK IT [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

dude, go for the laney head, and swap the stock crap tubes for a full set of JJs. instant EVH brown sound, but with about twice the gain (or more) available. and about every marshall's users sound....zakk wylde, rhoads, early metallica.....i'm not kidding

Comment

50 watts of tube power is loud enough for 99% of club gigs.
                          If you are playing stadiums than maybe you should look for 100w amps.

Comment

This may sound stupid, but what i fear the most is that it ain´t gonna be loud enough for rehersal.
                            Can a 50 watt head through a 4x12 cab be heard over a hard hitting drummer without problem?

Comment

50 watt amps pack plenty of power. I can't speak for all amps but the 2204's at 50 watts certainly are loud enough. Unless you are playing stadiums as John said, you won't need 100. the headroom isn't doubled just because the watts are [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                              X