Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Wah pedal review

How did I miss this topic before?

I've had my Bad Horsie 2 for a year now and I love it more and more used in conjunction with my GT-6. The Contour mode on the Bad Horsie 2 is a little noisy but I usually activate a little bit of noise gate on my GT-6 so the noise is gone but the tone is all there.

However, I still have to tweak my sound (GT-6 AND the Bad Horsie 2) to get a softer more vocal-like wah, finding that sweet spot with the midrange frequencies to truly achieve that wicked smooth Satriani-like wah tone. It's heaven.

Heheh, remember when one JCFer mentioned "wah-skis"? I tried that with the GT-6 and Bad Horsie 2, with one foot on each pedal engaged in wah mode, and moving my feet randomly as I play. Have to be sitting down, though. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] It's interesting... you get really weird unconventional wah sweeping sounds. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      What do you think of Morley Tremonti wah?
      Thinking of buying one soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

A good bud of mine has it, never uses it cause he has a 535 and a 535Q. I will ask him about it next time I talk at him.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A good bud of mine has it, never uses it cause he has a 535 and a 535Q. I will ask him about it next time I talk at him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        I am going to order one at Matt's if good!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I've heard good things about the Teese RMC. Never actually heard it though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go to the MP3 section under "New Division Songs", and you can hear a Teese Wizard Wah on the intro solo of "Paradise Lost", with the neck pickup on a Jackson Archtop Pro w/EMGs. That wah sounds awesome - and all the other Teeses are supposed to sound just as good.

Mike
          Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

I have a Power wah and a little alligator volume that I bought used. I like the power wah more than my old crybaby-the crybaby was scratchy after a few weeks, and half the time I stepped down to activate it, it wouldn't click on. Really just a pain to use. THe power wah is so easy. The little alligator is the only volume pedal I have ever owned, so I can't compare it to anything else, but it's a volume pedal. When I step on it, it gets louder. WHat more could you want. Also, both combined used cost less than a new one of either by itself. I guess I am cheap.

Comment

Very useful info. Thanks, JG!

Comment

I have a Bad Horsie I, and Im very happy with it. I wish it had a bit more range, otherwise it would be perfect.

Does the BH2's contour feature let you create a sweep wider than the BH1? I may want to make a swap.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I have a Bad Horsie I, and Im very happy with it. I wish it had a bit more range, otherwise it would be perfect.

Does the BH2's contour feature let you create a sweep wider than the BH1? I may want to make a swap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that is what the contour feature is for.

Comment

I second the Fulltone Clyde!!! I tried a bunch of wah pedals ( Budda, Teese, Morley, Dunlop, etc...) and the Fulltone sounded the best to me.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Talk to my bro this what he said. In comparison to his 535Q. The Morley has a wider sweep physically-the pedal has more travel.

What he likes-

Says there are 3 or 4 sweet spots on it compared to the dunlop where you usually find one.

With the boost at about a third your lead really cuts through the mix.

Like all the newer morelys
                      Likes the optical on because you aren't stuck at the treble when it comes on. The downside as we all know is you can't walk away at a setting.

Says it is really precise and it takes a little getting use to(small movement of the pedal makes a change-takes a steady foot).

Totally silent on or of without signal degradation.

He also said there is a screw inside(probably on all moreley's) that you can adjust the time before it shuts off after your foot comes off.

Thats it. Any specific Q's post it up, I talk to him at least everyday if not a couple times. Just relaying what he told me, we live in different cities. He really didn't have anything bad to say, just has a 535q he likes better. Probably a comfort thing cause we both have 535's, but they have a signal degradation problem. He picked up the 535Q and digs it so doesn't use the Tremonti. But knowing him it doesn't fit right into his pedal arrangement or something. He is Mr Anal. Hope it help's. Actually I think I am going to take it off his hands. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Glad I asked about it.

Going to see Alter Bridge Sunday night I will let you know how it sounds live. Can't wait the new singer is from Spokane where the show is Halloweenie Night. I predict a monday headache, [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Going to see Alter Bridge Sunday night I will let you know how it sounds live.

[/ QUOTE ]
                        They played on the Jimmy Kimmel show last night. He did a little solo and the wah part did sound pretty good. I've heard its sound is supposed to be a cross between a modern wah and a vintage one.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

LRGman! Thank you for the review.
                          Now I am going buy one.
                          [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            LRGman! Thank you for the review.

[/ QUOTE ]
                            Ditto! That sounds like a lot of Pros and very few cons (price being one). I'm gonna check one out.
                            Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that is what the contour feature is for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well. . . Me = SOLD!

Comment

Working...
                              X