Serious Line 6 discussion..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Serious Line 6 discussion..

Interesting subject. Anyone ever check out the Randall RM100? It models actual circuits. It's all tube, and you can get modules that sound like different amps. You can put them in and take them out just like a video game cartridge.

Comment

I have heard of the randall but is it all tube pre-amp and power amp? I know Ive seen the modules and they aarent [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

The Randall isn't a modeling amp. It's all tube and has tube modules that emulate different amp front ends.
        I played one at NAMM a couple years ago but it was so friggen noisey I don't recall being able to suss it out all that well.
        I like the idea and think it's well done. The amps are built well and all. Good quality piece.

Comment

Didn't someone else do the module thing before Randall? I seem to recall Engl or someone doing it for Rocktron or something. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Seymour Duncan did the 'convertible' series of amps with modules you could replace. Great idea, but they sounded like crap in my opinion.

Pete

Comment

Nah, it wasn't the Duncan Convertibles I was thinking of. I seem to recall something with Rocktron a couple years back. I thought it was Engl, but now I'm thinking it was Egnater that did some work for Rocktron with modules like the Randall amp. It was before Randall's version came out, though.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I remember the Duncan amp. (my age is showing) it was a pretty cool idea. I can't remember if I liked it. I guess it doesn't matter. If I find anything I like, I'll find something I hate about it in a week.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I remember the Duncan amp. (my age is showing) it was a pretty cool idea. I can't remember if I liked it. I guess it doesn't matter. If I find anything I like, I'll find something I hate about it in a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jazzman... I heard your classical piece. Holy crap bro. I can't imagine how long that must have take you to master. I am totally impressed, totally blown away and totally inspired.

Comment

what is also usefull to say is this. there is (at least with line6 stuff, the stuff like the flextoneII and the POD) a huge difference in soundquality for clean and high gain sounds. somehow it is more difficult to make the high gain sounds sound well. I tried both a POD thrugh the PA as well as a Flextone 2. both nailed some great clean sounds, but if you wanted to make some high gain sounds, it was crap and remained crap, whatever I tried, and I thought that a pity, because my POD sounds really cool if I record high gain sounds, I love it for that, but live... no thanks

Harrald

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      what is also usefull to say is this. there is (at least with line6 stuff, the stuff like the flextoneII and the POD) a huge difference in soundquality for clean and high gain sounds. somehow it is more difficult to make the high gain sounds sound well. I tried both a POD thrugh the PA as well as a Flextone 2. both nailed some great clean sounds, but if you wanted to make some high gain sounds, it was crap and remained crap, whatever I tried, and I thought that a pity, because my POD sounds really cool if I record high gain sounds, I love it for that, but live... no thanks

Harrald

[/ QUOTE ]

That is why I mentioned that the new series of Line 6 product is incredible. The POD and the Flextone 2 are NO COMPARISON to the Vetta 2, the Flextone 3, the HD147, the Duoverb or even the Spider 2. I have had them all. Bro.. there is no comparison. The Spider 2 is the low end of the Line 6 product family and its high gain tone/volume and ability to cut through at live settings is as good or better than most of the tube 2 x 12 combo's I have owned and believe me... I have had most of them. The Vetta 2 is just sick. Even after hearing one live, you still can't believe your ears that it is a modeling amp. The thump and chunk I get out of my Spider 2 150w 2 x 12 combo (loaded with factory installed Celestions) is ground shaking with the volume on 4. You owe it to yourself to at least try one of the new gen. Line 6 amps.

Comment

John is right...the Line 6 stuff has come a long way since it came out, and it will continue to improve.

Comment

I'm going to assume ManyAxes is the poster? It wasn't quite ready. I'm assuming it was the Bach piece. But Thank you.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            I'm going to assume ManyAxes is the poster? It wasn't quite ready. I'm assuming it was the Bach piece. But Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]
                            Tell me Jazzman... how long did it take you to learn the piece? How long have you been playing? I am a classically trained pianist and to my ear I would guess you are classically trained in either the piano or violin?
                            I have some similar compositions but none nearly as long or complex as yours. Bravo bro..

Comment

I've been playing for about 26 years. I started out learning by ear. Years later, I decided to study music and studied classical guitar. All the picking and what not was from learning Yngwie and Paul Gilbert when I was younger and still playing by ear. Learning the shredders helped my picking. Oh Yeah and Al Dimeola too. I do play piano. Not great. But, I started doing all my theory homework at the piano in college and it got me a little better. The piece should actually be a litte faster but not too much faster. I've been playing around with it on and off (mostly off) for about a year or so. It's the presto from J.S. Bach violin partita in g minor.

Comment

I have spent that last few years studying a Celtic style of playing. Basically I play all the fiddle,bagpipe and flute parts on guitar. I have pretty much mastered the entire soundtrack to Riverdance and I am 1/2 way through Cirque Du Soleil. That is my favorite style of playing. Upbeat and extremely technical. I love Bach but Mozart is my favorite. Have you every tried Pagannini's 24 Caprices? Really fun to play but really hard too.

Comment

Working...
                                X