Serious Line 6 discussion..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Serious Line 6 discussion..

I used to know Pagannini's caprice # 16. Or at least quite a bit of it. I never learned too much violin music on guitar, but after I listened to the presto on distorted guitar, I may learn more. I mostly used to shred. Most of the classical I played was on a nylon string. I like Brower, Villa Lobos, Andrew York, and of course all of the Bach lute suites.

It's funny. Last year my friend got married and I was asked to play the wedding. The sit down music, the here comes the bride, the whole everything. I started using that piece to work my reading back up (I haven't read anything more difficult than what I do teaching guitar. Not since college) At first, it was a good excerise, but I thouhgt it sounded so sick on guitar, I had to learn more.

I've always been into learning difficult stuff. I have a habbit of learning Dream Theater until it's just like the album, and then I never play it again. My friends yell at me.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Weird how a 50 watt Marshall can kill a 300 watt modeling amp at a show...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard on this forum yet. Unless you're talking about the low end Spider as opposed to one of the newer Vetta heads you're completely wrong.

Pete pretty much layed it out here and he's right. I've seen not one but a few guitarist in my area playing live with bands using the newer Vettas and they have sounded just as good as any tube amp I've ever heard in a live setting.

I have not had a chance to play a Vetta myself yet and I'm looking forward to it actually and this is coming from someone who didn't like the earlier modeling stuff and stuck with tube amps.

Comment

ranalli... don't count out the Spider II. I have the 150watt combo with 2 x 12" celestions in it and it is crazy loud. I would say it is easily as loud as the 5150 combo I used to own. It's almost as heavy too!!!

Comment

Working...
        X