Krank Revolution 1........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krank Revolution 1........

Anyone try this amp yet? The Soundbytes at www.krankamps.com sound pretty cool. It is a real bitch to find this amp anywhere near Tampa, Fl. In fact, it's a real bitch to find any highend highgain tube amp in Tampa, Fl. (It seems Marshall, Fender and Crate are all you can get here?) [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

Re: Krank Revolution 1........

OK....I guess no one has tried these amps out???

Comment

I've never heard of them. I did check out the website after reading your post. They seem cool. Have you ever heard of Diezel amps? The seem cool too. Are you looking into getting a new amp? Or are you just curious to hear it? Just wonderin'

Comment

Hey Jazzman...Yeah, I'm buying a new Amp Head. A Diezel Herbert would be awesome. Just a little out of my price range though. I was interested in a Bogner Uberschall or Engl Savage. Looking for massive high gain tube madness. What would you suggest??? [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] I've tried Marshall, Mesa, Fender...all the usual suspects.

Comment

I think Jeff Kollman uses them.
          I have seen pix of his Krank amp several years ago.
          Try his wewbsite for some information.
          Maybe there is a MP3.
          http://www.jeffkollman.com/

Comment

Thanks...

Comment

Disclaimer: I haven't heard one in person. However, many folk who's opinions I value think these amps have a passable clean and sound like utter crap for overdrive. Also, they posted several fake positive reviews on Harmony Central, and spammed the hell out of the HC message boards.

I'd rather own a Rhino amp than a Krank, and that's saying something right there.

Pete

Comment

Knowing Tony Krank, I'd tend to agree with Pete.
                There are about 100 better choices out there.

Comment

My local music store just started to carry these. I can tell You right now that for $1400 You'd be better off flushing Your money down the toilet. Honestly, they are that HORRIBLE! No harmonics at all, a totally lifeless distortion sound. I'm guessing the big draw is the color choices, but thats just a cheesy gimmick. The guys at that music shop were just going on about how awesome the Kranks are, but after I brought my Engl Blackmore head in they were totally blown away by how $hitty it made their Kranks sound. But really, the bottom of the line Solid State Crate amp would make a Krank sound like poop. The only positive is that the Krank cabinets are actually pretty good, but again, way way overpriced.

Comment

They had a review in G! or Guitar Player.... One of those rags... Anyway. They wrote on the lines of.... It will give amps 2X it's cost new a run for best tone..... [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks guys...Maybe I should go with an Uberschall or Engl.

Comment

You can't go wrong with any Engl. IMHO Engl amps are some of the best amps out there right now. I guess I don't really know what your looking for in an amp with a good clean channel I would stay away from the ubershall. The clean channel on the ubershall is worse then the clean channel on a 5150....and thats saying something. I'd check out the Engl Powerball/Fireball or Savage.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

That's funny Cleveland Metal and other "Clean" tone enthusist say my Uber's "clean" is one of the nicest they've heard..

I can certainly vouch for the useless 5150's clean tone .

I really don't care one way or the other since I don't play clean...I just shred....then friggin' shred some more. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

For shred my Uber will rip your dick off and throw it out the window. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              For shred my Uber will rip your dick off and throw it out the window. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

...and then find it and chew it to pieces. OUCH! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
                              X