Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pin footswitch to 1/4"?

Hey folks...
    I'm at the end of my rope and thought somebody here might be able to help. [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img] I have an old Peavey Backstage Chorus that is modded to the hilt and has been my home recording amp for years and years. Perfect recording tone everytime. Of course like most Peaveys, when I bought it used, it didn't come with the footswitch. Never being one to leave well enough alone, I decided to try to find a footswitch for it. The weird thing is, it's a pin footswitch, not the usual 1/4" footswitch. I go to look for something similar, and I try the footswitch for a 5150. All this managed to do was turn OFF my reverb and disbale my channel switching button on the front, and wouldn't reverse it once they were turned off. (by the way, a 5150 footswitch flies really far out of a second story window with the wind at your back)So now I've got recording to do, no distortion channel or reverb and I can't find a pin footswitch for this bastard anywhere...not even on the 'Bay. Is it possible to convert the pin footswitch jack in the back to a 1/4"? Any help would be greatly appreciated. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Pin footswitch to 1/4\"?

Peavey Peavey should have it. If not I can probably build something for you.
    Jerry
    FJA Mods YouTube

Comment

Hey Jerry,
      Thanks for the link! I saw the one with the pin cable, but I'm not sure if it has the correct functions...it appears to have a channel switching button and a combine button. What I need is a channel switch button and a separate reverb buton. Just like the 1/4" footswitches! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] How do I go about hiring you to make me one? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Email me at [email protected] with the info about the amp. I was looking thru my schematics earlier. I found one for a Backstage Chorus 208. Is that it? On that amp the footswitch controls reverb, chorus, and Supersat. To be honest you should try Peavey first because they might be cheaper than me building one. Have you tried the Peavey parts forum yet? You can email them too. If they don't have what you need I can do it.
        Jerry
        FJA Mods YouTube

Comment

Working...
        X