No announcement yet.

Marshall 1960A / B cabs... A good deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall 1960A / B cabs... A good deal?

I have the option of picking up either a 1960 A or B cab for $300 used. I've played around a little bit with them and I like the sound but I was wondering if $300 for either a used A or B is a good deal or not... Could I get a better sounding cab for that price?

Oh.. I have two rigs... An ENGL Powerball and a VHT GP3 / 2150 setup.

Re: Marshall 1960A / B cabs... A good deal?

That sounds good to me. If someone comes up with a better sounding cab for $300 let's hear about it!
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

NO ...Not in my opinion...go with the "B" cab ...I prefer them as they are more focused in the low end dept.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I paid $300 for my Laney AOR and it kills any Marshall I've heard IMO...the low end is killer, and it is built to last with a metal grilleplate and thick sides. The old Ampegs like Cleve Metal uses are also awesome cabinets in that price range.

Comment

Yes, $300 for a Marshall cab is a great deal. Marshalls are fine cabs. Go for it!

Comment

yes that is very nice pricee. I'd confirm what type of speakers are in it tho as sometimes people rape the cabs and put in crap speakers.

I like the A cabs better if using a single 4x12. the JCM 800/900 Cabs are pretty good but the older the better in my book
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

I like the sound of a B cab better also.

Comment

Yeah I use the A cab with my Bogner and I run the four B cabs with my Marshalls...gives the Marshall a lot of chunk..
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Great price-I will only use B cabs-better low end!!!

Comment

Great Price, if it's in reasonably good condition. Like no major tears in the Tolex and absence of major dents and dings. Make sure all the speakers work. I like A's and B's for different applications. If I were to have only one cabinet, it would be an A.
                    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

If you have casters, take em off for more low end on either cab. It makes a difference.

Pete

Comment

Working...
                      X