Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the three of us here that own Vettas... :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: For the three of us here that own Vettas...

That's no problem. I'd think of it as "well exercised".
    Best offer?
    How's about you fly up here and spend a few days...I'll buy ya dinner!

Comment

Hey, I love NY! I spent a lot of time in Mamaronek when I was recording for Sony. Hence the 6 out of 10 kidneys! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey Fritz -

The link still works, I just tried it. If you still have troubles with it, gimme an email and I'll send it to you that way. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

Make that 7 if you weren't counting me. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

data - It really depends on what you're playing. You'll get lots more amps and more effects with the Vetta but IIRC the HD147 already contains most/all of the Vetta's high-gain models so if you're playing mostly metal you might not get much more that's of use to you. That said, I love the ability to layer two amps on the Vetta and the Vetta Juice effect and those two features would be worth the upgrade to me but of course your mileage may vary.
          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Did I miss the train here, did everyone drop their tube amps and go solid state? I'm not saying one's better, but what's so special about the vettas? I just saw the guy from KMFDM switched from a 5150 to a Vetta II I think it is?

Comment

Got it, Pete! Thanks, bro.

Deneb, I think that the people that are using Vettas are okay with the trade offs associated with the Vetta. By giving up the feel and responsiveness of tubes, you get the most versatile amp on the planet.

I only play at church and we play alot of different styles of music, so the Line 6 stuff is a no brainer for me.

Comment

Hey Vetta owners, do you have any sound clips of what type of metal tones you can get from one of these amps?

Comment

What Fritz said but I'd add that IMHO you don't really give up all that much with the Vetta. The models aren't perfect replications of the original amps but they're very very good.
                  Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Cool Pete. I'll check these out.

Comment

Another Vetta owner here. I may be the only combo owner though.

Comment

Mine's a combo also Joe. There are at least two of us.

Comment

Working...
                        X