Cheapest way to ship a cab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheapest way to ship a cab

What's the way to ship a cab? In other words, what freight co?

Re: Cheapest way to ship a cab

Fedex Ground is about 25% cheaper than UPS, who are the next cheapest that I know of. You can get shipping quotes at their website, but bear in mind you will need to go to a real Fedex facility, not a dropoff point, to get that price.

Also bar in mind you need to give Fedex the phone # of the person it's being shipped to.
    Otherwise if no one's home and they can't reach 'em, Fedex will return it to sender and charge for that.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Dealing with car parts that are almost always large, I have been hearing about a cheap method of shipping larger and heavier items is actually through Greyhound! I hear they stow the items in the luggage area. I have heard all good about this service and they are shipping doors with glass and such and are arriving okay, but you have to go pick them up at the bus station.

Comment

I did extensive research a few weeks ago to determine the cheapest shipping service and found that FedEx Ground was the least expensive of the convenient shippers out of all the shippers that had quote things on their website where I could punch in the dimensions/weight of the parcel and have it calculate a cost for me.

These are the quotes that I got:

46" x 5" x 21" parcel, 25lbs (Jackson KE3 inside its hardshell case) shipped across the province

CanPar.com - $12.34
        DHL.ca - $49.42
        Dicomexpress.com - $42.69
        Fedex.ca - $15.90
        Shipgreyhound.ca - $33.37
        Purolator.com - $33.39
        UPS.ca - $28.20

As you can see, CanPar was cheaper, but FedEx is probably more convenient and well-known. I might try CanPar some other time but I don't know if they ship outside of Canada. So FedEx Ground it was. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

But, I think rates differ for people in different states and provinces. Some people report DHL being the absolute cheapest, while some people love UPS. For me, it's FedEx Ground. Do the research by looking in the Yellow Pages... it's definitely worth it.

Comment

I think FedEx ground would be the best bet. A 4x12 Cab is pretty big package and weighs more than 100 lbs. I have a Bogner 4x12 on the way...the seller said he sent it UPS and refrence number he gave me wasn't valid to check. It turns out that UPS handed the cab to FedEx, they gave him a FedEx tracking number (which is valid btw)...he said he thought it may have been because of the Huricane. I don't know...I just know the cab will be here tomorrow [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Yea thanks guys don't look like its going to happen-seller said he was gonna check it out...I checked UPS and it was like 158.00 for a straight recto.

Decided I am going to get a recto cab when I can my old JCM800 cab could use a recone.

Comment

afaik you can't get a canpar account unless you're a small business that does a certain amount of shipping / month.

Comment

Working...
              X