Wah-wah pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wah-wah pedal

I really like the Dunlop 525Q ...it covers a pretty wide range and it's warmer than most Iv'e heard ...A switchless version would probably be cooler.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      This is my review of the Morley Bad Horsie 2 Contour Wah (click here)!!!

Keep in mind that I made that review ages ago when I first got the pedal. Now I use the Contour mode a LOT. I don't mind the added noise because there isn't any when I use the Bad Horsie 2 in conjunction with my Boss GT-6 since there are built-in noise suppression devices in the GT-6.

I'm almost done learning a full wah song that the Bad Horsie 2 is fantastic at. Listen to this Joe Satriani "Love Thing" clip, it's the song I'm working on. Notice the very smooth warm gentle vocal-like wah. Almost sounds like a talk-box. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] That's why I love it. Contour mode on, add some mids to my amp, and Marshall-type distortion with delay and compression on my GT-6. I'm very close to nailing that wah tone.

http://www.satriani.com/media/Crysta...e_Thing-ex.asx

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

now I really want one. Wahs are too cool, you cant ever have enough.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        How's this wah sound to you guys? Wah Clip
        Jerry

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds pretty cool, actually - what is it?

Mike
        Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Sounds pretty cool, actually - what is it?

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a Bad Horsie that I've modified. He's playing it thru a 5150.
          Jerry
          FJA Mods YouTube

Comment

Figures. I just sold mine, and I'm using a modded Crybaby instead. I like the tone of that, though - how much for the mod?

The original Horsie sounded good with my Marshall, and like ass with my Mesa. The Crybaby sounds pretty similar to that clip with the Mesa. Hmm...

Mike
            Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Working...
            X