Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EL84 .50 cal pic! :)

Look at how clean this thing is... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Just gotta find a mesa/boogie logo and I'm set. Few things I noticed after checking an ebay auction for a 6L6 .50:

1) the older fifty cal's like mine had metal toggles, the 6L6 ones had the plastic

2) the EQs were available with both models - their presence does not make a fifty cal a 'plus'

3) The EL84 fifty calibers did NOT have an EQ footswitch jack. The 6L6 plus models do.

4) All of the fifty caliber models have a lead master control, whether they are 'plus' models or not.

There isn't much on the caliber series Mesas on the net. I feel like an explorer or something. I found the two different manuals on boogie's website... I'm going to call the factory one of these days to get a faceplate and see if anyone there can tell me why they quit building the EL84 fifty calibers and swapped em to 6L6s.

Pete

Re: EL84 .50 cal pic!

Sweet..cool looking amp, the classic Boogie look is cool.

I have heard the same thing about the metal vs plastic switches too but I have no way to varify. mine has the metal ones too.

You can find a Boogie faceplate logo on eBay from time to time...

I've have seen a lot of Mesa/Boogie amps with the logo's missing on eBay.

I think the older Mesa's are the best bang for the buck right now in terms of tube amps. I dunno why people go pay full reatail for something of lesser quality [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I can understand some paranoia about not hearing it but the beauty of eBay is if you don't like it you can always turn around and sell it for what you paid for it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Re: EL84 .50 cal pic!

beautiful! man.

gotta love .50 cal!

loved the clips man, i'm a big whitesnake fan aswell and it really made my day at the office when i heard that!

i usually run mine with as much gain as i can squeeze out of it. and have been turning the presence off to get rid of the high end noise. keeps it nice and tight and then i've been able to run the reverb between 1.5 and 2.5 depending...

i currently have sovtek's in the power section with EH in the pre's except for V1, i've got a mesa Spax7 (with the rubber sheild) in that slot.

anyway, how bout some more clips!
      i'd love to hear your band. you rock man!

~JW
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Working...
      X