Marshall Amp volume pot value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall Amp volume pot value?

I have a JTM30 Amp I am probably going to unload soon, but it looks funny.
    It has a non-original volume pot and the shaft is solid and about 1/2" too long.
    Without taking the amp apart, is there an easy way to find the correct pot value?
    The guy that owned it before me replaced it with what he said was the correct value, but got impatient and replaced it with what he found locally even though it is ugly.
    I looked at the pdf files on the web with schematics, but there isn't much detail on the controls from what I see.
    Thanks!
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Re: Marshall Amp volume pot value?

I would just open it up. It's just a few screws. If your worried, I would say to contact Marshall, or see who does warranty work for Marshall in your area. More than likely there is someone on this forum that is a Marshall wack and can help you. I'm just a guitar wack! lol

Comment

It's a 1 Meg audio pot.
      Jerry
      FJA Mods YouTube

Comment

Jerry, You Rock!
        I'll be hunting down a split shaft 1 Meg audio taper pot ASAP!
        Once again I am grateful to the members of this forum.
        When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Anytime!
          FJA Mods YouTube

Comment

Mouser Alpha are STD Marshall Pots http://www.hoffmanamps.com/MyStore/perlshop.cgi
            find them here

Comment

Working...
            X