Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V-amp-power amp-412 cab: would in sound good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-amp-power amp-412 cab: would in sound good?

I bought a v-amp a couple days ago, and really like it so far. I wonder how it would sound if i bought a power amp, and a cab?
    Would it sound as good as it does through this setup as it does with headphones?
    I have planned to get a jcm800 but the v-amp sounds better than expected (really like the modern high gain mode) so i just wanna know if this could work.

Re: V-amp-power amp-412 cab: would in sound good?

I used to use a V-Amp pro with my VHT power amp.
    Sounded fine.
    You can also try the headphone out and directly into the cabinet.
    Not loud enough but works for practice level.

There are some used power amps pretty cheap such as ADA,Lee Jackson and Marshall(1 space Valvestate) for around $150-250 on E-bay.
    About a cab, you should try to look for a used Marhsall cab locally or try http://www.avatarspeakers.com/
    They have nice 2x12 and I have heard so many good things about them and Cheap!

Comment

Buy a stereo power amp and a 2 x 12 or 4 x 12 cabinet and wire it in stereo. A tube power amp is the better choice.
      It will sound great.

Comment

I would really appreciate if somebody had a similar setup and could post some clips, just wanna know if it sounds as good through a power amp as through headphones...

Comment

yeah , definitely go with a tube poweramp and a 4x12 for metal sound ... remember to turn the cab sim down [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a custom built 2x10 cabinet with a Marshall Valvestate single space rackmount amp built in (very cool, I should probably post pics).

I use a POD and it sounds great. Use the cabinet simulation and not the amp setting. I've found that the amp setting sounds a bit thin while the cabinet simulation really opens it up.

I think it's a great set up. All the tones I need plus all the effects I need.

Comment

VAMP Pro > Nady Power Amp > 2 Nady Speakers

Comment

I am working on much the same set up.
                I have a V-Amp Pro and just bought a Marshall 4-12 cab, still need a rack mount power amp to complete rig. If I get-r-done before you complete yours I will let you know how it sounds.
                I will have to give the headphone thing a try. I havent even heard the speaker cab at this point, still working on an "inexpensive" (won't say Cheep) amp.

Comment

Working...
                X