Boss GT-6 vs G Major Vs Pedalboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss GT-6 vs G Major Vs Pedalboard

Tell me please what I need. I am running it with an Engl Powerball if that helps any... I am less concerned about cost and more concerned about ease of use
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Re: Boss GT-6 vs G Major Vs Pedalboard

I have the GT6 for over two years. It is a GREAT piece of gear. Takes a while to tweak the tones to your liking, but it is one piece of gear that I would feel nervous not playing out with. It is very easy to use.I run it through a 5150 combo and I'm totally happy.

Comment

What do you use on it mostly? Is the modeling aspect overkill?

Comment

You know my vote goes for the G major.

Comment

I love the GT-6. Here is my suggestion:
          If you are using the distortion from your powerball I would go with the G-major for ease of use.
          If you are using an effects processor for everything except power I would go with the GT-6.
          You have to use the 4 cable method to use the GT-6 for effects only.

Comment

Use the Boss ME-50 if you want the GT-6 effects without the modelling amp simulation stuff. For me, I use my GT-6 for everything except power. More and more I am becoming impressed with this unit. I've had mine for a little over two years now and use it every single time I play. If you do spend the time learning about its features, it DOES get a LOT easier and more intuitive to play around with. I love mine!

Comment

if the GT-6 is like the ME-50 stay away... ive used the ME-50 extensively and ive never liked the sound. JMHO. Once again, the G-Major is the answer to go with your powerball jim.

Comment

All I wanted was to get a great distortion and clean tone - and I'm totally happy. I didn't use the modeling aspects - The effects are limitless, but the true test, for me, was just getting basic distortion and clean. It took awhile, but I've probably played out at least 30 times with the GT-6 and people are amazed that's what I use. - amazed in a good way. You can run the Gt-6 and bypass the amp modeling and it will act as a self contained pedalboard. If your happy with your Powerball then do that or scrap the whole idea.

Comment

Don, The Me50 is no where as good as the GT-6 by all accounts modeling aside...

the only thing that worries me about the G major is the fact that some pre effects ie compression are stuck in the loop [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Well that works both ways jim... with the GT-6 you would be stuck with your post effects, like delay and chorus etc before the preamp. Now whats more important? A good sounding delay? Or compression?

Compression could be used also as a post effect. Placing a compressor after other effects can cause noise, so if the G-Major places the compression before the other effects in its chain, noise shouldnt be a problem.

Comment

I've been using the G-Major for more than three years now, and I have no urge to even look at another effects unit. The latest software update (free on the TC Electronics website) added most of my wish list (like user variable min/max settings on the volume control and a parametric EQ) - it's brilliant! It's got a great noise gate, too... Absolutely fantastic sounding piece of kit!

Comment

Working...
                      X