Chosing a new speaker ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chosing a new speaker ?

So as some of you may remeber, my mesa boogie 1x12 is dead. The speaker atleast is long gone. I figured I'd get a celestion vintage 30 in there, since I have heard lots of good things about them. Here is my question, what all needs to match up with the old speaker in order for the new speaker to work in the mesa boogie cab? The old speaker was a mesa black shadow I think. 8 ohms.

Also, does anybody have any tips on wiring a speaker? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'm a novice in those whole speaker wiring thing. Is it any harder than wiring a guitar?

Re: Chosing a new speaker ?

Hooking up the new speaker should be way easier than wiring a guitar. Most of the time they aren't even soldered. Just clip it in. Just look at the back of the speaker and your fears will be no more.

Comment

should be 2 little wires, probably clip on.

Just make sure you replace the speaker with one of the same ohms rating.

Comment

Things that need to match,
        Same size.
        Same Ohmage *Unless the amp can use different Ohmages*
        Wires to same place (don't mix the pos and negative, meaning use the wire you used for negative, for pos.)

As stated, it's 2 clips, if you feel they are loose, connect them, and give them a little crimp with a pair of pliers (not the speaker, the clip) and not too hard.

Comment

Working...
        X