I need suggestions - need gain.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I need suggestions - need gain.

A duncan custom shouldn't make any noise except the good kind.

Comment

Did you check the connections inside the guitar?

Comment

It doesn't make any noise! The only noise I get is from the SD-1. I know that it's the pedal, because it makes the noise no matter what guitar I use, and even if I turn the volume down on the guitar. Maybe the pedal is bitched, but there's nothing wrong with my pickup.

There's also nothing wrong with the connections inside the guitar. I know, because I just rewired it.

Silly guys!!! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          It doesn't make any noise! The only noise I get is from the SD-1. I know that it's the pedal, because it makes the noise no matter what guitar I use, and even if I turn the volume down on the guitar. Maybe the pedal is bitched, but there's nothing wrong with my pickup.

There's also nothing wrong with the connections inside the guitar. I know, because I just rewired it.

Silly guys!!! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I misread your post. After re-reading it I get it now!!
          Make sure that you have your gain up on the amp but the gain way down on the SD-1. What you want from the SD-1 is volume (level) to slam your preamp tubes. This should give you more gain with minimum hiss (noise). Noise is a pain but it usually doesn't affect your tone.

Comment

It's really not bad John. I guess I'm just really picky. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Who isn't!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

dude ive got the same head. the XXL or an older ibanez tube screamer is all ive used. always out front NOT in the effects loop. I set the pedal either one to be almost invisible on or off, then add just a bit of either output or gain from the pedal. on the tube screamer a little of both, with the XXL VERY little gain & some volume, keep the warp & tone set at the arrows so they do almost nothing. if anything tunr the warp just to the right slightly, straight up at most. good luck. BTW also try a groove tube "high gain" 7025 as the first tube. slightly more gain but i didnt like the one from it. so far the best ive gotten out of it was mesa 7025 first then 3 sovteks an indian 12at7 reverb driver & Ruby 5881/6L6. the reverb driver actually effects the gain & tone of those amps alot.

Comment

Yeah, I was waiting for my local music store to get in some tubes they had on order. I was going to try a JJ, a EH, and whatever else I could get my hands on. I'll see if I can find some of the ones you mentioned too.

Comment

Working...
                  X