Best 4x12 cab for the least amount of $$$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best 4x12 cab for the least amount of $$$

I've thought about picking up another 2x12, but I have to agree with Shawn. IMHO a 4x12 sounds better... I was hoping that someone would suggest a "sleeper" cab that is cheap and sounds good. Maybe used is the way to go. I'll have to keep my eyes open. Thanks for all the replies!

Comment

i loved my avatar cab..it was a straight cab w/ v30s in it..
      right now i have a marshall 1960AV w/ vintage 30s..
      i think the avatar was much better..
      i'm actually selling the marshall....
      [email protected]

Comment

well, i really like the fender GE 4x12 cab. it's compact, deep enough to fit a rivera m series amp on top, and sounds good with its stock eminence speakers. it isn't stereo, though.

i currently have this weird little marshall 4x12 that was really cheap ($200 used), but rocks. it's really compact like the GE but super deep, like 16 inches, and it has a slanted baffle, but it's a straight cab. it's loaded with 35 watt celestions (which normally i don't like, but it is an extension cab...not my main cab). this one is a great sleeper cab....so is the fender.
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

The compact Crate G412SL sounds very nice with its own St. Louis Music speakers. It's also got a metal grill which is a plus. It's hard to beat for being USA made and only $250 brand new, not to mention it's pretty lightweight. I think mine actually weighs less than my Mesa F-30 1x12 combo.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Avatar all the way. Great stuff, priced well.

Comment

You're selling your Marshall in your very first post here? Hmmm, you must not be that "brilliant"! Ar ar! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                You're selling your Marshall in your very first post here? Hmmm, you must not be that "brilliant"! Ar ar! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                  [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Read board member "Brilliant"'s post. It's his only post here. Gotta love newbies who break the rules. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

the point of my post was to say that i liked the avatar cabs...
                    he said he was looking for a 4x12 for the least amount of money and i said that was the best deal IMO. I mentioned my marshall because he also said he liked marshalls and i have one.. I'm not really spamming here. thats why i didn't post in the classified section. I'm more selling it local anyway, shipping cabs can be a pain...
                    I read this board 10x a day, and i just don't choose to post a lot. I find it useful for information.. Sorry for being a "newbie who breaks the rules"

Comment

Well, it sounded borderline because you posted your email addy, dude! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Also, other newbies have attempted to sell their stuff in other forums besides Classifieds.
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

sorry, i didnt mean for it to sound like that..
                        i just really like avatar cabs much better than my marshall..
                        and they're cheap. and dave rocks.

Comment

Working...
                        X