Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My engl came today!!!(Ritchie Blackmore)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My engl came today!!!(Ritchie Blackmore)

first off this amp is versatile. compared to my two 5150's there tinkertoys. the amps clean channel is simply amazing.its very much like an acustic guitar..except freakn loud... depending on how you set the eq and get some amazing clean tones.. crunch is good. soft lead is awsome.perfect for some of those...semi gain Opeth like solos. but the heavy lead channel is awsome. tight. more compressed then the 5150. more usable gain too. chunky rythems are freakn badass as all hell. and the leads are amazing especially with the contour switch engaged..simply an amazing peice of machinery. one of the areas i would like to explore more though is different cabs with this amp. i noticed..that you have to stand a ways out in front of the amp in order to really hear the amazing articulation . i love the sound about 10- 25 feet away from the cab. or cab. ive got a marshall 1960 B cab...a 5150 cab. and a carvin legacy cab loaded with vintage 30s. havent plugged the legacy in...but so far..im thinking i might have to pitch in for mabey a slanted cab we will have to see. mabey i just have to play around with were there at in the room. sometimes that makes a big difference. so far im am very impressed with this amp. Not to mention its about the coolest looking thing ive ever seen..especially with those red leds...look evil. ...id have to say...the High gain channel...would be most comparable. to a combination of Arch Enemy, and Dimmu borgir. simply amazing... i love it...from now on i think its gonna be nothing but engl for me.... im still not quite sure were i should put the presance on this amp...on my 5150s i turned it way down...like to 2..or lower. if you have any suggestions thayed be welcome. but god this amp is the ****...I recommend that if you have the chance you should definatly try it..

beautiful beautiful amp.

Re: My engl came today!!!(Ritchie Blackmore)

sounds cool...congrats
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Engl amps are great.
      I miss my Savage 120.
      Have been GASing on Powerball.

Congrats!

Comment

TURN THE PRESENCE OFF!!!!

great head man, good score!
        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

That sounds kick ass dude ..

Yeah major difference going to Uber from Rectos and 5150's..This I know , because I owned them.

I still think 5150s are the best bang for the buck but it's no match for Ubers , Diezels , Engls , Framus and etc....

Funny it's a Ritchie amp ...it probably sounds like Ritchie as much as the 5150 sounds like Ed's classic "Brown" sound..NOT

I wish I could play one...nobody carries crap around here ...just the usual Guitar Center crapolla.

How much was that SOB...???!!!!!
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Welcome to the engl family dude! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

awesome!!!! congrats man, that's probably my fav amp of all time, im thinking of selling my engl 930/60 and chameleon for one, but i dunno how loud ill have to have it, i live in a unit but my neighbours dont really complain especially during the day. Do you have to crank it to get a nice sound out of it?
              cheers

Comment

Congrats dude! I wouldnt mind about some clips?

Comment

we'll record some **** this weekend....hopefully we can get it transfered onto an online format. we gotta go from Tape...to CD...then to computer though. it might take some time.

PoisonGod is my brother BTW.

Comment

your actual brutha or your play brutha... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

you see in da hood ...there is a thing called "play" familyz...ya know ...play cuzin , play auntie , play uncle , play stepchild ...all dat chit! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

were actually brothers. but yes the more i play the amp the better i like it . its so damn tight sounding i love it.It cost quite a bit but i got the Z5 footswitch with it too overall cost was 1300 with shipping its alot..but i think its well worth it...**** awsome clean..and crushing power all in one amp...amazing ...i turn the power amp on the gain channel up to about 6 but where i live it doesnt matter how loud you turn it up. ive had my 5150 with two 4/12s with the poweramp up to 7 on that thing...and thats pretty close to make you fall to your knees and bleed out your ears... only good damn thing about montana

Comment

dude 1300 is not bad at all ...crap I might have to look into one .

that is a lot cheaper tham my Uber and about the same price as a crappy new DSL or Recto ...what a deal dude!!!!

I thought it would be well over the 2K mark...excellent!

Hey I say this all the time ...I'm almost getting tired of saying it ...but do you have a BBE 422a in the loop of the 5150...you must ...you probably already do ...if not ...get it now! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

well dude if the 5150 wants to even try and keep up with the engl i might have to go get one..cause at this moment in time ...the engl is eating peices of **** like it for breakfast..ya thats right peices of **** for breakfast [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          i wonder how that new xxl Engl cab has come out yet. cause i dont think the marshall is doing justice that it deserves. weird thing is all the engl cabs are loaded with vintage 30s or 60s... never heard 60s..but i dont really like my carvin cab besides the huge metal pentagram i made in highschool welding class slapped her right on the front..gotta love this town. Never heard 60s though. im thinkn a vht with p 50s would just crush with this thing..but then again. mabey vintage 30s would kick ass. who knows?

Comment

hmm, i played a slant engl with v60's and a/b'd it with a recto standard with v30's .

Tighter , maybe a lil' bit more "precise", less bottom end and less "juice" compared to recto - but a engl with v30 could be a very good choice imho.

Comment

"well dude if the 5150 wants to even try and keep up with the engl i might have to go get one..cause at this moment in time ...the engl is eating peices of **** like it for breakfast..ya thats right peices of **** for breakfast"

This I can believe...the Uber also crushes a 5150 or Recto.

Yep , a BBE 422 in the loop will do wonders to the Peavey and it will help thicken it up to be more compatible to the great Engl..

Comment

Working...
                              X