Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My engl came today!!!(Ritchie Blackmore)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My engl came today!!!(Ritchie Blackmore)

I have a customer that I sold a Les Paul Standard to who owns a Ritchie Blackmore head and he loves it as well. Glad you're enjoying yours!

Comment

well we just pretty much a/b'd the 5150 to it...and man BLackmore is just..a more Badass sound.

Comment

err...I was using a cheap piece of **** guitar too though.

Washburn BT8 with stock pickups.

need to restring the rhoads...and then the 5150 will crush you.

that might be a bit of a stretch...but it'll be a bit better I reckon. the 5150 is a different animal than the ENGL that much is obvious. But I think they compliment eachother pretty well. The tones are distinct that much is sure.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          TURN THE PRESENCE OFF!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, please do. I also have a Ritchie B. top and couldn't say enough good things about it. After owning this amp a while I'll throw out a couple suggestions. The sound of the overdriven power tubes is great! On the 'heavy lead' channel, set your lead gain at about 4 and turn the volume to around 6 1/2 to 7. It sounds MUCH better if You let the power tubes add gain to your sound. By the way, the Legacy cab should sound GREAT with your head. I compared it with several other cabs at a music shop around here, and the Legacy cab was definitely the best. I really don't know why so many people are surprised by the versatility of this amp just because its Ritchie's signature. But You can nail his tone very easily. Moreso than You'd be able to get the 'brown sound' with a 5150 like someone said above.

Comment

turn the lead volume up? or the master high gain volume?
            wich one

Comment

Crank the Master high gain up. With My setup, the Blackmore starts giving less volume and more gain at about 3. At about 6, 7, and above You should be hearing quite a bit of power tube saturation.

Comment

I love tube saturation too, but isn't that (7 on the master) gonna be insanely loud, even in a band practice environment?

Comment

Working...
                X