Discuss Triple X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Discuss Triple X

The 5150 is a pretty sweat amp. I've heard it sound good! Way better than the XXX. (but that's only from my ears)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I prefer the 5150 mahself... Prolly depends on what you want, they are pretty different.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with ya, having played through a Triple XXX for about a year plus, I whole heartedly agree.

Comment

I have an XXX and it's a great amp if you like your mids in the middle....not lower mids like Mesas or upper mids like Marshall or the 5150.

It is DEAD QUIET. I've never had any problems with feedback or any noise at any of the gigs I took it too.

With the right tubes this amp is VERY versatile. Put a lower gain pre-amp tube in and that will cut back the all the stupid amount of gain that it has. Put EL34s in and that will warm it up and make it sound more like a hot-rodded Marshall over a Mesa type tone. Also it's biased way cold from the factory so fix that and then turn the volume up to let it breathe...people make the mistake of playing this amp too low with all the pre-amp gain then complaining that it sounds harsh and crappy.

Great amp but you gotta know how to set it up.

Comment

Working...
        X