full stack vs half stack ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• full stack vs half stack ?

What's the sonical difference between those too ? what kind of difference ? more low end ? more volume ?

Re: full stack vs half stack ?

I guess that a full stack would be better to use in a band practise so your sound is projected better. Half stack seems more practical. It's smaller and can just be channeled through the PA
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Comment

I prefer two slants side be side. Twice the sound and twice the bottom end. Full stacks are cool too, but the high end kills my precious ears.

With a stack, you'll get the lows from the bottom cab and the highs from the top. It does sound more full depending on where you stand. I just never liked having a cabinet at ear level. At least not when I'm in front of it. I don't mind being off to the side.

Comment

I use four Marshall 1960B cabs with my Marshall rig ..not only does it look cool as hell in my room ...it's sounds massive.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Do the neigbors like it?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            a stack, you'll get the lows from the bottom cab and the highs from the top.

[/ QUOTE ]only the lows from the bottom ?

Comment

Well, the lower is well, umm, lower after all...

Comment

I agree with Bill, nothing looks cooler than a back drop of Marshall stacks...whether you use them all or not [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

fullstacks rule...if you have a roadie [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  really, nothing sounds better than a fullstack...no...wait...2 fullstacks sound better ^^ the more cabs, the better.
                  but i guess halfstacks usually are satisfying (sp?), and way easier to carry around.

Comment

Oh crap! I avoided reading this topic for days because I just assumed it was gonna be Bill talking about ass! LOL

Anyways, I prefer the half stack for now. The subtle tonal difference between the shapes of the cabs don't really bother me when I'm just jamming with my two buds so why get all picky now.
                    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

i agree that full stacks are the way to go. but i'm lazy and i can lift my vert recto 2x12 in the back of my truck all by myself! and it still sounds great. hehheh
                      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

My neighbors LOVE it ...they get off on me and my son Jammin' some crazy thrash... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

They even want to come in and check it out....I mean whatta they gonna do ...call a cop???!!! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

When I played out I only brought the half stack...lotta bottom end....but in my room I've got the 4 Mesa 4X12's like Bill. 1 recto stack and 1 half back stack...the highs are a little much sometimes from the top cabs since they're at ear level....

- Joel
                          RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                          RIP Dime

Comment

I prefer a full stack. I like the projection it provides. For small gigs though, I only bring 1 cabinet.
                            Scott
                            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

A full stack's got 8 speakers... that's four more, innit?
                              -------------------------
                              Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                              X