full stack vs half stack ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: full stack vs half stack ?

I always used two B cabs on the floor. Sounds good and full, and I can hear the rest of the band. Kinda important.

Comment

I want 4 VHT 4X12's in an ideal world(yeah, they're really pricey, but they look cool!!)

I've also always been a fan of decorating speaker cabinets. Plain black is just like everyone else's. I have a friend who carpeted one of his with a children's rug that has firetrucks and race cars all over it. That one is pretty cool.

Comment

here's one for you Ace...I don't like the yellow tolex but you get the idea...cool backdrop of VHT cabs. Also an alternative to the full stack, the 3/4 stack [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

btw...nice shoes!

shawnlutz.com

Comment

Sweet. Who's rig is that? That's like $5000 worth of cabinets. I dig the 3/4 stacks.

Comment

I never heard of them but that pic is from the vhtamp site, it says its

CUSTOM BUILT VHT BACKLINE
            FOR #1 JAPANESE RECORDING ARTISTS
            B'z

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

I wouldn't mind the yellow as long as I could have that many of them. With THAT many, even pink would be cool. LOL!

Comment

I like a full stack even if the bottom isn't plugged in just to get the sound off of the floor. All that tone isn't much good if it's just blasting your feet.

I like to hear it at ear level. Cabs can be extremely loud if they're aimed right at you, but stand off to the side just a little bit and sometimes you can't even hear it live.

The slant cabs are a good compromise to aim the sound upward with only 1 cab, but I've found that they can't take as much low end as the straights without farting out. Anyone else notice that too? I prefer to use a straight sitting on top of a milk crate to a slant if I'm forced to use only 1 cab.

If you can only use 2 stacks instead of 8 then you just have to unleash the f'n FURY! Right Yngwie? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X