GT6 vs POD XT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT6 vs POD XT

Ok guys, and gals I did a search and found a lot of pod lovers and gt6 users but not much on comparing the two.I'm going to have a few bucks shortly and GC has dropped the price on both of these.
    I'm looking for good amp sims and sound quality.Would one of these units be better than the other?Is one better suited for recording?Which sounds better through an amp?I have effects but does one of these have better quality effects as well?

Re: GT6 vs POD XT

Cool, can't wait to hear your comparison!
    "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Frosty I think you misunderstood me.I can only afford one and I'm looking for feedback or advice from those who have used them.It would be great to have both though! [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Comment

Um, sorry about that! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
        "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

This is really easy Outlander. I love the GT-6 but now that the POD XT is available with optional amp model paks (stacked amps like the Vetta)I would pick it over the GT-6.
          It was a very hard decision before Line 6 came out with the new software upgrade. The GT-6 is incredible but nothing is better than stacking a Uber and a Powerball, or a Silver Jubilee and a Herbert etc... . You can only do that with a Pod XT with model packs and the Vetta's. I heard they will be available for Guitarport soon.

Comment

I hate the POD personally..Sounds like a blanket is laying on top of it. And that is with the upgrade pack as well. I prefer the Digitech GNX series or the GT6.

Like they say, there is an ass for every seat.

Shawn
            Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

i think both units's sounds are very good, but i prefer the gt6 for it's all in one setup.
              with the pod xt, you'll need to buy the extra floorboard which is pretty expensive. without it, there is no way you can play live.

Comment

I agree with Data187. The gt6 comes with everything you need and has decent amp models and effects. I didn't get the tone I wanted out of it, but everyone is different. If you spent the time to play with all the amp models and stuff, you will more than likely find something you like. Good luck!

Zach
                Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
                The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

I bet you guys thought for sure I was going with the GT-6. I love that thing. Mate it up with a tube amp and a speaker cabinet and it makes one killer all in one live rig.

Comment

If you're looking for something to use in a live situation for effects / amp modeling go for the POD XT Live (basically the floor board version of the POD XT)

If you're looking for something to use just for effects live go for the GT-6

If you're looking for recording go for the PODXT (preferably a used one already loaded with the model packs).

If you're looking for one to do live and recording both with go for the POD XT Live.

Comment

Great advice and info thanks guys.Does the pod xt live take amp packs? Are these downloads or what?
                      JG you surprised me. I thought for sure you were going to recomend the GT6 from what I read on some of your other posts.

Comment

The new Line 6 tone stacks are awesome.

Comment

Working...
                        X