Close call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Close call

I had a gig this past saturday. Somehow, my bag with all my cords, pedals, my peterson tuner, spare tubes, tools, everything, got left behind. I didn't realize that it was missing til I went down to get some things out of our room.

I thought one of the other guys had it, so I called them only to find they didn't. Getting nervous, I went to the club hoping it was there. I asked if any other band played since we did and sure enough yup! Usually, if another band was there before you have a chance to check you can kiss your **** goodbye.

I asked if anyone found the bag. A dude that played there the night before said they found it and put it aside. Everything was still there. I can't believe it! How cool is that? I think I need to buy that band a case of beer!

Re: Close call

Very cool. Some bands are total assholes about stuff like that. I've loned people cables and power strips and I've had to follow them out the door and ask them for my stuff back and then they suddenly remember that I loaned them some gear.

Comment

...and then you have to be an "ass" and turn down the next dude who asks to borrow gear. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Just as long as you don't have to follow them out the door for an amp...
        (suddenly remembers) "Oh yeah! Sorry, I thought it was my Dual Rectifier."

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          ...and then you have to be an "ass" and turn down the next dude who asks to borrow gear. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes it funny is that usually the bands that do this are bands that aren't metal. I guess that's usually because most of the people in the local metal bands around here know each other and wouldn't rip each other off like that.

Comment

very coooool!!!
            there are still some honest musicians out there??-you know the ones that don't date strippers that buy them everything [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              very coooool!!!
              there are still some honest musicians out there??-you know the ones that don't date strippers that buy them everything [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude.. I would definitely date a stripper that bought me everything (as long as it was a female stripper).

Comment

Dude.. I would definitely date a stripper that bought me everything (as long as it was a female stripper).

[/ QUOTE ]
                yeah i have dated tons of them and the only great thing is they want to buy you everything [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                oh yeah and the sex [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Me too. and ditto on the female thing. And yes I feel much better now sitting next to my bag of goodies. I figured out it'd be close to $500 to replace everything including the bag.

Comment

You do owe them a case of beer! Or a lap dance at your local titty bar. Glad it all worked out!

Comment

Yeah. I'll hook them up somehow.

Comment

Get a case for that and put a lock on.
                        I have a bad experience lending my amp to others, especially to the punks Anyone wants to share their horror stories?

Comment

Start a new thread!
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                          X