Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 Spider II 212 Combo

Hi to all.

I was thinking of getting a new amp, and I have the chance of exchanging my Laney TF300 for Spider II 212 combo, without any additional expenses.

I was trying the Spider II head and I was really impressed.
    Should I go for it? I was thinking about combo because it's more compact and I'm mainly a bedroom player, except for some occasional jam sessions. Is Spider better then my TF300?

I've read some reviews on Spider, but they are like pro et contra all the time. Some praise Spiders, some don't.

Thanks!

Re: Line 6 Spider II 212 Combo

I have many amps and I love my Spider II 2 x 12 combo. IT is really loud and sounds fantastic at any volume level.

Comment

Great then. I love the clean sound of this Line 6, because it's sounds like a tube amp.

Comment

LOL...I just traded a Spider II 212 towards a Laney VC50. Good amp, but I just got sick of the tone *shrug* could never find a clean tone I liked either.
        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

The clean tones sound pretty lame to my ears. Its a great metal amp for practice however... if metal is your thing.

Perhaps you could get a used 5150 combo for around $500... that gets you an all tube amp that would kill the spiders metal sounds, but it lacks versatility and effects.

Comment

I don't think it kills the 5150 and I have gigged with both.

Comment

ive never gigged w/ either. I've A/B'ed them in the store i work at at high volumes... im not saying the spider sucks... just to my ears the 5150 sounded better than the spider at higher volume. Maybe more alive less processed sounding. Both are great amps... if you just play metal go with the 5150... if you need some versatility or cant shell out money for effects, then the spider is the way to go. IMHO of course. To each his own when it comes to tone.

Comment

The only thing bad about the line 6 amps are the need for there floorboard to get all they can do...FLoorboards run about 250 new or so. I just got me a line 6 flextone 2 ...lookin for pedalboard now ...The way I see it is you either love em or hate em..hardly anyone in the middle on them

Comment

The line 6 floorboards have always been an overpriced joke. Especially when the vetta hit, and the old 200$ floorboards that people bought became obsolete. Even the 4 button switch retails at 80 skins. They need to drop those prices and sell the cheapo 4 button switch for 40$ IMO.

The floorboards sure make it convenient though, and the effects on the spiders are halfway decent enough that your average player would be happy w/ them. I am quite impressed with the spider II's and the price point they're at. I think line 6 is on the right track. They just need to fix the footswitch debacle, i agree.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    The clean tones sound pretty lame to my ears. Its a great metal amp for practice however... if metal is your thing.Perhaps you could get a used 5150 combo for around $500... that gets you an all tube amp that would kill the spiders metal sounds, but it lacks versatility and effects.

[/ QUOTE ]He's not going to get a 5150 combo for $500 in Slovenia, Europe, nor is anyone there apt to trade him even for the Laney he has. Immortal, if money is the issue I'd say make the trade, used Laney gear is probably more prevalent in Europe at a good price if you decide you want to go back to that amp.
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I also think you should go for the trad. You will most likely love the Spider II and if you don't you could always sell it and get most of your money back. My guess is that you will keep it and be happy. I am. I agree with what everybody says about the clean tones. They aren't the greatest by far but the rock and metal tones are really good.

Comment

As for me, I am satisfied with the twang configuration on that Spider II I tried. I am now waiting for the 212 combo, then I'll test it with my guitars and decide, whether to buy it or not.

I really love drive channels, because I have never heard a better amp in this price rang with drives like these. I also think I will need my Boss MT-2 only for boost purposes.
                        My opinion is that Spider blows every single AVT from Marshall, and it's cheaper, too. But solid.

Yeah, I have the same problem about pedal boards ... they're too expensive for me. But I mostly play at home so I don't have issues bending down and set what I want.

Nope, guys, prices in Europe so damn high for some equipment like Peavey, Marshall, Mesa ... The only reason why I am getting this Spider cheap is that I have 10% discount because I know guys in GC and they're official importer in the country. The price is 539 USD, but with 10% discount it will be 485, which is good for me, if I sell my Laney 404 USD. I'm gonna miss this one, because I am really attached to this amp and appreciate it, but right now I have no extra money to buy Spider and also keep Laney.

Shall see! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X