Ideas for a combo amp...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for a combo amp...

I'm looking for a tube combo amp, 50 watt or less, with 1 12" speaker. I need it to be versatile enough for Blues through Priest style metal, don't really need crazy high gain. My budget is $500 or less. Need a good amp for jamming with other guitar players. Currently considering a JCM 800 combo, but I figured You guys could help me come up with some more ideas.

Re: Ideas for a combo amp...

Kittyhawk L5 cheap has 4 6V6 45 watts (I got one for $175)it's just a German Boogie clone. Or any Marshall combo.

Comment

Mesa/Boogie DC-5, go between 500-600 on eBay. Its a 50w 2 channel 1x12 combo.
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Peavey Ultra 60 Watt 1x12, 3 Channels, master volume and Reverb, I love mine. About $250-300 on Ebay. Jack.

Comment

Mesa DC-5 has me interested, I think it may be what I'm looking for. I've never tried one out though. Can You give Me an idea what kind of tone it has? I really want to be sure because thats a bit more than I intended to spend.

Comment

The DC-5 will cover blues to priest and has enough gain where you won't need a pedal in front it. Its pretty versatile, each channel has its own controls and reverb. It has a 5 band EQ that is also foot switch able. It has a nice warm tone to it. It can take a while to dial in your tone as the controls are pretty sensitive. What are you currently using? Mesa/Boogies aren't for everyone but I happen to love the tone of them. This DC-5 was my first and I really like. I also have Marshall and VHT amps. Here is a picture of mine. Look for the ones with the metal toggle switches on the front. Check out the HC reviews on it...

Here's a picture of mine
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

I guess I've always been a bit leary of Boogies because I'm not such a big fan of the Rectifier series, but I really like the Mark series. Actually, I am wondering if the DC-5 might sound somewhat like a Mark IV. Right now the only amp I have is the massive Engl Blackmore half stack at our practice room. I'm getting spoiled by all that great tone that I need a really good combo as well.

Comment

or a .50 cal - there all over ebay and sound great!
                Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I guess I've always been a bit leary of Boogies because I'm not such a big fan of the Rectifier series, but I really like the Mark series. Actually, I am wondering if the DC-5 might sound somewhat like a Mark IV. Right now the only amp I have is the massive Engl Blackmore half stack at our practice room. I'm getting spoiled by all that great tone that I need a really good combo as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I've only heard a couple Rectifiers that I like, the early 2 channel versions are cool. I like all the other boogie stuff, the Mark series, Studio, DC-2, DC-3, DC-5,.50, .22 etc etc...
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

Mesa Studio .22

Comment

if your looking for a practice amp (low volumes) i suggest the .22 w/ eq. these amps really kick ass!
                      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Working...
                      X