Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you use for practice/home playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you use for practice/home playing?

Post the gear you use when playin at home!I would like to have some improvement here since I miss my rehersal room tone (engl and lots of volume...).I use a vamp pro and an old peavey audition 110 with a jackhammer (really nice pedal,I'll post a review one of these days).

Re: What do you use for practice/home playing?

I use a V-series 1512 all tube and a Boss DS1 pedal.The amp uses 2 EL84 groove tubes for the power amp and 3 12ax7 preamp tubes for 15 watts of all tube power.The Boss pedal helps boost the signal just enough to give me a great 80's/Lynch tone at fairly low volume.

Comment

well since I don't gig out anymore what I use at home is what I have; JCM 800 2203 and 1960 cab, VHT Pittull CL 50 and a Bogner 4x12 and Mesa/Boogie DC-5 combo witha 3/4 back widebody extenion cab.

usually if I'm working on scales or warming up I wont use an amp although I do have a little Charvel CH-200 practice amp but I hardly ever use it.
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

I'm in the same boat. My "at home" gear has become my only gear.
        Early series Mesa Studio .22 with the EQ, bypassing the internal speaker and driving an Avatar 2x12 cab loaded with a Celestion Vintage 30 and a Celestion G12H30.

My Dad is a talented woodworker and has the sweet workshop in back half of out barn. Every major peice of equipment you can think of is back there. I bought some figured Mahagony and birdseye Elm recently and we're (he's) gonna make a sweet hardwood head cabinet for my Mesa.

Comment

my home/studio gear is a rivera m-100 combo with a rivera 1x12 cab both with EVM 12L speakers. i also use a 1963 fender tremolux head with a another rivera 1x12 cab loaded with an EVM 12L. that head runs with a reissue 63 fender tube reverb unit. i also have a marshall AS50R acoustic combo that i use with my roland GR-30/brian moore synth guitar set up.

for quiet practice in the middle of the night i have my trusty POD 2.0, a johnson j-station and a behringer v-amp.

but my "home studio" is actually a 24 track project studio. no little workstations at my place!! of course the wife is resentful, unless she gets to sing her country or broadway songs with her friends...oh the painful trade offs!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I used to run a Zoom 505 through an old Dean Markley 50 watt 1x12 combo amp. Now I play straight through a Line6 Flextone III Plus. Very simple, very effective for home.

Comment

Pod XT, Guitar Tracks Pro, Altec powered monitors.

Comment

I have my main rig in my bedroom too!!

I have a Marshall VS65R that I "call" my practice amp, and I do use it often, but my ADA MP1/VHT 2150 rig sounds better even at bedroom levels, so I jam with that when I am in the groove!!

Comment

Marshall 30 watt combo + dist. pedal
                  Engl Powerball with VHT 212 FB cab.

Comment

Home playing: PODXT, Computer, headphones

Practice Pad: ENGL Powerball, 4x12 w/Celestian V30's

Comment

At home I use my Crate BV120 or my Randall RGT100 through a Peavey Butcher 412 cab loaded with Celestion G12K85s.

I use a Vox wah occasionally, and a Boss SD-1 for a boost.

For guitars, I use primarily my Lado Lazer, my King V, my Aria Pro CS-400, or my Yamaha Weddington Classic.

At rehearsal, and for shows, I use the Randall, through a 412 cab that I built loaded with Madison Symphony G12K85s, and I also use an old Boss NF-1 noisegate to keep things quiet. Guitars are the same.
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I use a Roland Cube 30 and my Mesa Studio .22 for practice.

Comment

Hmmm... I basically just use my Peavey XXX Head and 4x12 with a couple of stomp boxes..... ( EQ, Digi Delay, Super Overdrive, Flanger, and Noise Suppressor) That's about it....

Comment

At home I mostly use my POD through my computer. I still have my old ADA MP-1 running through 2 Marshall slants which comes out sometimes when I'm home alone. For in my yard I have a Fender mini twin. A crankin' 1 watt!

Comment

same as my live rig,
                              2 Digitech 2120's
                              into 2 Crate spa-200's
                              into 4 4x12's
                              i dont have to worry about neighbors, my nearest one is 1/8 mi. away and i have woods on all sides of me[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                              MOSH ON
                              DAVE
                              "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Working...
                              X