Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you use for practice/home playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you use for practice/home playing?

If I need to be quiet, I use my Tech 21 trademark 60 or my Vox Valvetronix. For ultra low volume playing, I haven't played any tube amps (even 1-5 watters) that sound better than the Trademark 60. Killer amp. If I can make a bit more noise, I mostly play one of my 15-25 watt amps into an isolation cab (Two Rock Ruby, Boogie DC-2, Matchless Lightning, Budda Superdrive 18, DR Z Carmen Ghia, and a few others.) In between, sometimes I'll use the latter rig with a weber mass.

Comment

I'm not playing gigs anymore either (at least for now), so when I'm playing at home my basement is set up as a "jam" room and I run my Line 6 flexII plus and a marshal 15 watt dsl 201 in stereo. gives me a great powerful sound at very low volume and as you turn them both up it sounds even better! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] When I am playing upstairs in the office I always play clean thru a little crate GlX15. The distortion sounds like sh*t but clean it sounds really nice, built in effects as well if I want to goof around.
      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

I dont play gigs right now either. If I am lazy, Line 6 Vetta combo or Vox Brian May Spaecial(sounds really good through a 4X12!). Otherwise, Engle Savage 120 through a Marshall 1960AV or a Trace Modded JCM800 50 watt head through a Marshall 1960BV.

Comment

PodXT --> Mixer --> Tannoy Reveal

Comment

I believe in practicing what you use ..

my main amp's tone inspires me to play ...therefore I play thru it all the time ..

and that's a Ubershall half stack or a Marshall rig with four 1960b cabs..

I practice with that set up all times during the night ...because I can get it down low enough to whisper over or blow a roof off any arena!!

so thes are my practice amps..
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

My Dad is a talented woodworker and has the sweet workshop in back half of out barn. Every major peice of equipment you can think of is back there. I bought some figured Mahagony and birdseye Elm recently and we're (he's) gonna make a sweet hardwood head cabinet for my Mesa.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't wait to see pics of THAT!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

As for myself, Shannon Soloist ---> Morley Bad Horsie 2 Contour Wah ---> Boss GT-6 processor ---> Marshall G50RCD combo amp. I've never tried cranking it, but I don't think I'm ever going to get as loud as that since guitar is still just a hobby for me.

And then there's the super-simple setup of just me and my acoustic guitar... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I use the crappy Fender Champ 30 solid state combo plus my Zoom Hyper Lead. The pedal is pretty smooth.
                I wish my neighbours were bastards. This way, I'd play LOUD!

Comment

Korg AX1500G into the clean channel of my Laney TF300. Works fine for low volume horsing around.
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

depends on the mood; either my main rig or my pod 2 thru computer and hifi amp. main rig is mesa quad + 50/50 thru 1*12 cab (should get myself another cab, that is for sure)

harrald

Comment

I'm not gigging right now either, so I thought I would sell my Single Recto head and 1x12 cab then use my Marshall Artist 4203 30 watt combo. Wrong! I tried using the Marshall for a while but after about a month, I fired up the Boogie and within 10 seconds I decided the Marshall is gone -lol. So I use the Boogie with a couple effects in front and a Korg AX1500G in the effects loop. If it's late at night, I can plug headphones into the Korg and keep rocking! An acoustic guitar is my other home practice option.
                      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Depends what room I'm in or who else is over and playing...

I have 4 amp "setups" (Don't ask...)

1) Modified Univox U65G with Heavy Metal pedal

2) Fender Eighty-Five with BBE462 and Ibanez DM1000 delay

3) Marshall JCM2000 DSL201 with Heavy Metal pedal or Tube Screamer.

4) DigiTech RP300 through computer or PA amp.

Comment

I use a late 80s Crate G-60GT with the 1X12 cab. Xtreme processor pedal and Digitech Genisis 1. Here is a pic.
                          Crate

Pedal/Processor

Comment

mostly unplugged sully strat. sometimes i use the pod via the computer. or go to the basement and plug into the .50 -but mainly i just use that rig for gigs and band practice.
                            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I use my boogie F50 (YES its damn loud-**** the neighbors!), a couple basic effects (chorus, wah and dist pedal) and I will play my SG standard most of the time THANKS SCOTT!! I still love it! Or my 2004 american deluxe strat. Those are currently my main axes.
                              Chuck
                              "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

V-Amp2, computer, headphones.

Comment

Working...
                                X