Aero Pick Ups - Best Ones I Ever Heard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aero Pick Ups - Best Ones I Ever Heard

I have an old Charvel with a Zebra Alnico2 Humbucker made by Aero Instruments. The company is based in Hawaii.
    Guy by the name of Larry Pollock. Real nice guy. Really knows his stuff , very patient and will custom design pick ups for guitarists.

The pick up is unbeleivable - and they make Alnico3 and Alnico5 models. The Alnico2 is a little less output but it has the most dynamics.

Aero Instruments is a very small builder of pick ups. They are absolutely the best pick up I have every heard.
    They are designed not to color your sound - but to just reflect the actual sound that the body, neck and strings put out.

Very little microphonics. You get the actual sound of the resonance of the instrument.

Very few reviews on the web but Aero has a ton of great reviews saved in their emails.

They are not cheap - about $125.00 but if you want the best out there it is Aero.

I have had several models of Gibson (including Dirty Fingers), PRS, Fender, Bill Lawrence (450XL), DiMarzio (HS-3, Tone Zone, PAF, Evolution, etc, and Seymour Duncan (Custom T-5, Dimebag Daryl) and others.

Nothing I have heard comes close to this pick up in dynamics, articulation and purity of sound.

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]I ordered a Jackson from the Custom Shop recently and I am putting a Alnico2 humbucker in the bridge, Alnico3 single coil in the middle and Alnico5 single coil in the neck position.

Absolutely the best out there!
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Re: Aero Pick Ups - Best Ones I Ever Heard

Oh no... I'm debating Adder Plus pickups versus Aero pickups now. Look what you've done. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Oh no... I'm debating Adder Plus pickups versus Aero pickups now. Look what you've done. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Call Larry Pollock. I spoke with him yesterday. I'm certain you will be impressed and it's worth a conversation to check it out.
      PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

i'd love to hear them, but i'm still going for APC's on my SullyStar
        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

War of the Boutique Pickups! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

hehehe...

Comment

I'll be swinging by APC tomorrow to see if my pickups are ready....

Comment

Working...
              X