Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: time for new pickups...

[ QUOTE ]
    Methinks DiMarzio Air Norton in the Neck, and a Steve's Special in the bridge.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the exact setup I use in my Ibanez USRG20TP. It is a killer combination and sounds fantastic clean and coil tapped. Really fat, harmonically rich and outfrigginstanding for solo's. Great balance between neck and bridge too.

Comment

Dimarzio Super 3....Fatter than most Duncans but not muddy by any means and very aggressive. Has nice strong mids that beef up the sound and a nice present but tight bottom end.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        Methinks DiMarzio Air Norton in the Neck, and a Steve's Special in the bridge.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the exact setup I use in my Ibanez USRG20TP. It is a killer combination and sounds fantastic clean and coil tapped. Really fat, harmonically rich and outfrigginstanding for solo's. Great balance between neck and bridge too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its really hard to go wrong with DiMarzios [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Dimarzio Super 3....Fatter than most Duncans but not muddy by any means and very aggressive. Has nice strong mids that beef up the sound and a nice present but tight bottom end.

[/ QUOTE ]

Got that in the bridge of my Shannon Soloist. It's got TONS of mids and really slices through. I'm getting Satriani-esque tones from mine. His tone is almost "nasal" sounding due to all the mids. I'm really starting to love my Super 3 but I'm still dying to try out some APCs... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Dimarzio all the way!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X