Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why do so many diss Peavey?

[ QUOTE ]
    Wasn't EVH's legendary frankenstrat mostly Peavey?

[/ QUOTE ]

which legendary frankenstrat? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

The 5150 ones were mostly (if not entirely) Kramer parts, the tape strats were mostly Fender/Boogie Bodies/Charvel.

I dont think he ever once used a Peavey part in his guitars. Although, that doesn't stop millions of people from making their own frankenstrats out of old Predators and selling them on ebay.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      That was a joke, right? Please tell me you're kidding.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it's not a joke! I'm sorry that I haven't "studied" EVH's guitars but I could have sworn I've seen one of his guitars with a Peavey headstock or a neck or something.

Geesh, If assholes could fly this place would be an airport.
      Check my Jackson themed Myspace page, hear some good metal, and check out a little shred fest by me.

http://www.myspace.com/joblo1978

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

It was probably a Wolfgang...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            It was probably a Wolfgang...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, right, I've never seen a Wolfgang with a strat body, black, right and red stripes.

Trust me, it wasn't a Woflgang, I KNOW those are Peavey guitars.
            Check my Jackson themed Myspace page, hear some good metal, and check out a little shred fest by me.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]
              Wasn't EVH's legendary frankenstrat mostly Peavey?

[/ QUOTE ]

which legendary frankenstrat? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

The 5150 ones were mostly (if not entirely) Kramer parts, the tape strats were mostly Fender/Boogie Bodies/Charvel.

I dont think he ever once used a Peavey part in his guitars. Although, that doesn't stop millions of people from making their own frankenstrats out of old Predators and selling them on ebay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it was a fake that I saw then.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I think he's just trying to live up to his avatar, Chuck!

[/ QUOTE ]

Myeah, yeah, ghe he, ghe he, yeah yeah.

[img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Yeah, right, I've never seen a Wolfgang with a strat body, black, right and red stripes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have or can you find a picture of one? Might be interesting to see.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have or can you find a picture of one? Might be interesting to see.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm wanting to say it was in an Early 90's Guitar World or something. I really don't remember where I saw it.

Comment

I like peavey, they seem to have amps that sound good at a reasonable price. I used to own a 5150 combo and it was one of the brigtest amps i have ever played, the tone was amazing and soo much gain if you wanted it. The only problem is the power amp blew on it like 3 times and then after the third time I got the store to give me a Randall RH200sc and a behringer cab as a trade for it because I was sick of it breaking every 5 seconds.

Comment

I'm under 30 and I remember LONG before the 5150's came out.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Geesh, If assholes could fly this place would be an airport.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Dude, that SO has to be my new sig...Thank You!!

Comment

I just can't wait till Peavey re issues the T-60!

Tempted to jump on this classic.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...47557&rd=1

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]uke:
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I remember seeing the first T-60 and the salesman trying to be "up" about it... I just looked him in the eye and started laughing! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] He laughed, then looked away and said, "but they really ARE nice guitars..." [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Well, they had nowhere to go but up after the T-60!Ace, you're just a special kinda guy, that's why you remember the pre-5150 era! Most of your age group probably don't.Joblo1978, I wasn't trying to offend you, I really thought you were joking just as Chuck did. In Ed's Frankenstrat-building days he didn't use Peaveys. It's just so basically known around here that we can forget everybody doesn't know it. Sorry for the offense.
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I guess im the only one who actually likes the old T-15s,25s, and 60s. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X