Mini Northwest Ampfest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini Northwest Ampfest

Got together with my buddy Jason Wallis at his palatial estate on Sunday to blow out our ears with some killer gear....After eggs bendict and couple of Blood Mary's we got to work...

Amps tested:

* Bogner Ecstacy 101b
    * Bogner Metropolis 15 watt head
    * Bogner Caveman
    * Egnator TOL100
    * Splawn Quick Rod 100

~ ran everything through two Oversize 2x12 Bogner cabs - one with V30's, the other with Greenbacks

Guitars in attendance:

* Historic 60's Les Paul
    * Anderson Hollow Drop Top
    * GMW mutt
    * Charvel mutt
    * Jackson Soloist
    * Fender Hot Rodded Strat
    * Epi Flying V

Big suprises?

* The Caveman has one of, if not the best clean tones I've ever heard....the Metropolis was right there in quality of clean, but not girth.
    * The Egnator was f*cking awesome - gives the Ecstacy a run for the money, no problem
    * the Splawn was no suprise, it was killer

As my ears clear, I'll add to the descriptions.

Steve E

Re: Mini Northwest Ampfest

[img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
    Nice gears!!!!
    Jason is a cool guy I have dealt with him couple of times several years ago.

Nice Baby Blue(sonic Blue?) Mutt by the way... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Me like it!
    [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
      Nice gears!!!!
      Jason is a cool guy I have dealt with him couple of times several years ago.

Nice Baby Blue(sonic Blue?) Mutt by the way... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      Me like it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Toru -

Jason is a super cool guy, long time friend, and the biggest Bogner slut on the face of the earth...great player too.

The Sonic Blue mutt kicks ass...best GMW neck I've got out of a bunch [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

The EVH thingy??? thats a real deal Charvel neck on a mystery body...neck has 20 years of funk on it and is one of the most broken in necks I've ever played...just killer.

Comment

Yea Steve, I sold him a Bogner mod Marshall and I bought couple from him when I used to live in L.A.
        I bought the caveman from him and sold it back to him right away.

Comment

Working...
        X