Finally: E570 info on ENGL's website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Finally: E570 info on ENGL\'s website

Pretty impressive distortion sound for a direct-to-pc recording allright, but i surely hope (and expect) that it sounds much better through a normal setup with a power tube amp and a real speaker load.
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Damn Gilbert, nice playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks bro!
      www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Pretty impressive distortion sound for a direct-to-pc recording allright, but i surely hope (and expect) that it sounds much better through a normal setup with a power tube amp and a real speaker load.

[/ QUOTE ]
        Thanks man! And yes, it sounds much better through my mesa 2:90 and recto cab. I'm looking forward to when the new Engl poweramp (designed for use with the e570) comes out. I've had the 2:90 for several years, time for a change.
        www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

Gilbert you seem like a big suffo fan [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] i always see clips of you playing suffo stuff [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] good... suffocation rocks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I love the tone character of that heavy clip... Sounds great to me, and to know how you recorded gives me much hope for even more with my VHT2150. I'm diggin that preamp.

Are you using a harmonizer effect at the end?

Strong playing in both clips Gilbert. The DiMeola stuff is quite cool.

Guess you missed the thread last week where I was calling upon you for info about that preamp in off topic. I found what I needed though.

Stay heavy!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Gilbert you seem like a big suffo fan [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] i always see clips of you playing suffo stuff [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] good... suffocation rocks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup! They're a big influence. Thank for checkin out the clips!
              www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I love the tone character of that heavy clip... Sounds great to me, and to know how you recorded gives me much hope for even more with my VHT2150. I'm diggin that preamp.

Are you using a harmonizer effect at the end?

Strong playing in both clips Gilbert. The DiMeola stuff is quite cool.

Guess you missed the thread last week where I was calling upon you for info about that preamp in off topic. I found what I needed though.

Stay heavy!

[/ QUOTE ]
                Sorry man, I never saw your post asking about about this preamp. my bad! Anywyas, thanks for checkin out the clips. If you get to try one of these preamps, I'm sure you won't be dissapointed.
                There was no effects used on the Suffocation clip, cept maybe a teeny tiny bit of reverb I think. On the DiMeola clip I used slightly more reverb, but theres a little bit of the vg-8 you can hear from the original recording. I tried to eq it out but it still came through a little bit.
                www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

So Gilbert, you have both the E570 and the E580 if I remember correctly? How would you compare the two? I read your review of the E570 and it seemed to me that you liked it better than the E580. What's missing from the E580. It's twice as expensive as the E570, one would think it should be pretty damn perfect? Thanks.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    So Gilbert, you have both the E570 and the E580 if I remember correctly? How would you compare the two? I read your review of the E570 and it seemed to me that you liked it better than the E580. What's missing from the E580. It's twice as expensive as the E570, one would think it should be pretty damn perfect? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

The e580 has some things over the e570. Such as, being able to save all eq settings per midi preset. Seperate low mid/high mid knobs. Bass and treble boost option for the Frequency compensated line outs. And the "Bright" button can be used for all 4 main sound modes. But tonally, there is nothing the e580 has over the e570. The e580 is the most versatile (with high quality tones) out there. But the e570 can do just about any tone a little better. It may not be AS versatile in saving presets. But with all the sound shaping buttons that can be saved to midi preset, as well as 2 different high gain channels each with their own treble pot, you can have plenty of great tones just by midi program change.
                    Channel by channel,
                    the e580 clean and e570 cleans are very similar. GREAT clean tones. The e570 just sounds a tad warmer and more natural.
                    The Crunch channel's of both units are also very similar. But once again, slightly more natural sounding on the e570.
                    The e580's soft lead is not comparable to the lead 1 (3rd channel) of the e570. The 580's 3rd channel is more like a crunch channel. Good for leads, and some metal ryhthm but not for death metal. The 3rd channel of the 570 is more like the powerball/SE 3rd channel. Very tight, quick attack, super high gain and is quite thick.
                    The 580's heavy lead is somewhat similar to the 570's lead 2 (4th channel). Though the gain is not as thick, and not as much bass.
                    The difference between the 570's 3rd and 4th channel is that the 4th channel has more bass, slightly less quickness in attack, and is slightly darker.
                    So to sum it up, they both sound great. The e580 is more versatile. But the main reasons I'm switching from e580 to e570 is because the e570 just sounds better to me, and the midi switching/channel switching is seamless. The e580 switches fast, but there is a very slight gap.
                    www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] Thanks!

Comment

No problem!
                        www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

I'm looking at the E570 and one thing you mentioned
                          [ QUOTE ]
                          The e580 has some things over the e570. Such as, being able to save all eq settings per midi preset

[/ QUOTE ]

I read the instruction guide and it seemed to me that I can take my bass/trem/mid settings and store that as preset1 and then tweek those settings and store it as preset2. Is this not the fact... I've could have read it wrong.

Also, what poweramp did you go with? I would be looking 50w poweramps.

thanks,

joe...
                          www.godwentpunk.com
                          www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Working...
                          X