Line 6 Pod XT Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 Pod XT Live

Has anyone scored one of these yet? I'm gonna pick one up this week, thinking about Buying a Variax and Having the Guts Installed on a GMW (Hopefully a Firebird).

Any thoughts?

http://www.line6.com/podxtlive/

Re: Line 6 Pod XT Live

I built one into a warmouth .. kicks ass .. so much better than the line 6 variax

Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Holy!! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
      So no pickups?
      How do you control the Line6 programs?
      By the knobs?

Comment

That's awesome Kevin. Why Line6 Put such a cool concept in some cheapass 60s looking relics is beyond me.

Pete

Comment

You should paint some psuedo pickups on it now! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Waiting for Sully to open up some time to paint it ..

Agreed 100% Pete.. that was what kept me from buying the Variax to begin with. I loved the concept ..not the $200 korean made guitar

DJM The sofware is controls by a knob.. the other knobs and 5 way are just like a strat and control postition as well as type of guitar ..
            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Kev, just curious, what did you do with the guitar after you removed the guts?

Comment

ebay...

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] Awesome. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Didn't realize people would want that stuff. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I've never been able to get into the Variax(Very Ass) mostly because when I pick them up in the store to try out, they feel like THE biggest piece of sh:t guitar ever. Of course I'm not big on modeling, as everyone here probably knows by now. However, I'd have no hesitation to try out that Warmouth version. I'd put a pickup on it as well, just to make it look normal. Maybe add a second 1/4" output jack, so if your fancy-pants electronics go out, you can just do a quick swap and play through a passive pickup.

Comment

That came out great. I'd HRF the Body....

Comment

I got My Pod XT Live..This thing is extermely cool. Well built, sounds great, make sure you pop a 1/4 inch jack, or headphone adapter in the headphone jack so you get A.I.R. all the time...I just started downlaoding patches, It Funny, The Ace Frehley one is "My Tone" I guess maybe modeled after the reunion and not the "70's..A must Have and quite fun to play with...

I have tons of amps, this thing sounds really good.

No Risks..

I got mine from Dave at Sam Ash in Hollywood, He is the only guy that knows anything about it, Not like I needed info. But he's a Good "Retail Kid" reminds me of myself when I was doing it.. I was gonna wait and get it through Line 6, I do production music , www.cpxmusic.com. NOBODY OUT HERE HAS THEM...Tell Him Casey From Valencia sent you...$384.00.

BTW Guitar Center has a HRF Jackson soloist, same place that Brad got the Nat. Extreme V from, ( I played that and it was nice) its a Bolt on, I guess its new, I know the older stuff better, But its Tagged at $749.00 Non OG Floyd...

If you Guys go to GC Sherman Oaks ask for Robb Zenn, he is the Pro Audio Accounts Guy, My Bro, tell him Casey from KISS sent you and he will do the stupid deals on Guitar Stuff..( He dosen't play guitar)

This is not a plug, just trying to hook you guys up...

Comment

I meant that soloist was a bolt on, Not that Nat. V.

Comment

Working...
                          X