Scored a Mesa Studio .22+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Scored a Mesa Studio .22+

I heard that too Pete. There are a few versions of the the IIc+ and I have also heard that the real early Mark III's are actually Mark IIC+'s. I would love to get my hands on one.

Comment

Followup: I've had it a week and it seems to all be working properly. I still get slightly more noise than I'd like on the clean, but it is in a basement with computers flourescent lighting, etc.

Anyone have a good source for more EH 12AX7s and some of the 5751s that Chuck has mentioned. I know he liked them in both the SLO and the .22 - we have very similar tastes in guitars and amps, so I should at least give one of these a try in my amps.

Comment

I've dealt with this guy:

http://www.dougstubes.com/

And Lord Valve (you can find him I'm sure from an AGA posting). Either are a great bet for getting tubes at a decent price quickly.

Pete

Comment

Ross, I rolled the dice and bought my GE JAN 5751's on the bay. For the EH's, I just went through The Tubestore.

Comment

I picked up a Mark IIC+ for $975. It's in great condition. And I can't wait to slave it out to a Marshall i'm getting on loan, to create that ultimate, ultimate, ultimate crunch and distortion tone!
            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Ross, have you tried any kind of noise supressor? I had a Boss NS-2 (I think that's what it was called...) that cleaned up noise quite well. I was impressed. It didn't clip out in a harsh way at all. I used it with my Line 6 Duoverb (NOISY AMP!!), and it worked well, even in the old house with crappy wiring that I lived in.

BTW - good to see you're still alive! Haven't seen you posting much - but then again, I haven't been posting much either...

Comment

Working...
              X