Marshall 8100 question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall 8100 question...

I need a footswitch that will work with this head. Anyone got any idea's, I rather not do trial and error, Thanx for any help!

Re: Marshall 8100 question...

Any two button universal switch should work. www.tubesandmore.com has them.
    Jerry
    FJA Mods YouTube

Comment

That's not entirely true. There are 2-button switches with a mono 1/4" cord, ones with a stereo 1/4" plug, some with LEDS, some without. You need to find out what switch is right for it and get one in that format. For example I bought a 2-button Crate footswitch
      with LEDs for my Carvin VM100 head and it wasn't right. It would switch channels but had a funky hum which got lots worse when you tried to switch the reverb on. They're not all the same and since they average $40 it's nice to get the right one first time.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I had the Marshall 8100. Just buy a standard Marshall 2 button footswitch.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          That's not entirely true. There are 2-button switches with a mono 1/4" cord, ones with a stereo 1/4" plug, some with LEDS, some without. You need to find out what switch is right for it and get one in that format. For example I bought a 2-button Crate footswitch
          with LEDs for my Carvin VM100 head and it wasn't right. It would switch channels but had a funky hum which got lots worse when you tried to switch the reverb on. They're not all the same and since they average $40 it's nice to get the right one first time.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Universal 2 button switch" = no LED's 1/4 plug and 2 switches. P-H471 at Antique Electonics will work $19.95. All the amp needs is a switch to make 2 connections. LED's may or may not work depending on how they're wired up in the pedal.
          Jerry
          FJA Mods YouTube

Comment

Working...
          X