Randall RG100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randall RG100

Ok so I ditched the 8100, I am now looking for a footswitch for this head, I think it's the 6 prong nightmare kind. Anyone here know how to make one or where to find one?
    Also anyone here used one of these old school grey carpeted heads? Alot of people say they are loud as hell and have a good metal tone. I just hope it can pull off some nice death/grind tones, and if not I guess I am going to have to find something to run through it.

Re: Randall RG100

contact JG...lol, he can probably make you one. ive had a few of those heads, they are loud. they do have great 80's metal tone.

Comment

i had an rh100 and it was a pretty cool metal amp.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        i had an rh100 and it was a pretty cool metal amp.

[/ QUOTE ]
        The RH is a totaly different beast from the RG I do believe. Didn't the RH come out once Washburn bought out Randall?

Comment

If you go to Harmony Central and click on the reviews for the RG100ES, which uses that 6-pin
          connector footswitch, scroll aout halfway down to find a review that starts. "FOOTSWITCH AVAILABLE!" It's a guy named Steve who makes footswitches for it. Another reviewer said he bought one and liked it, though he thought it was expensive at first. He found it cost more if you could find a Randall one though. I had one of these heads and paid $65 for a footswitch; it was hard to find and that was 10 years ago. Washburn knows nothing about these old Randalls and don't even have a schematic for the amp or footswitch. So this guy Steve from the Harmony Central reviews sounds like a way to go, unless jgcable says he can build you one.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Washburn knows nothing about these old Randalls and don't even have a schematic for the amp or footswitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true. I emailed them when I got my RGT100, and they hooked me up with the manual for mine, plus the schematic for mine, and the schematic for the RG100 which also includes the schematic for the footswitch. They were very helpful. That was only 3 or 4 months ago.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

any way you could email me the schematics for the footswitch.

Comment

If you email me the schematic I can make you one. I have the connector and the cable which are the hardest items to get. Any 2 button footswitch can be adapted. The last few I made did not have the LED's but I could probably do that too. Let me know.... jg

Comment

Yeah, thanks to John for hooking me up with the parts I needed. Unfortunately, (sorry to contradict you John) not all 2 button switches can be adapted. The schematic calls for maintaned DPDT pushbuttons. Most footswitches use either SPSTs or SPDTs. I am currently trying to find the correct switches.

Monkey, if you want the schematic, I'll email it to you when I get home.
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Thanks for the info. You are correct. DPDT switches are the only ones that will work.

Comment

I so don't want to have to make one, but being broke may force me into it or may cause me to totaly screw it up lol. JG if you made me one how much would that run?

Comment

If I made one from scratch and had to buy all the parts it would cost more than an original (if you could ever find one). I will look in my parts drawers tonight and see if I have any DPDT switches. I am pretty sure I do. I also may have a floor box that I could use. I will need the schematic for the Randall switch though. If I had an RG100 I could make one without a schematic but I don't.
                        The switch has 3 functions:
                        Channel switching
                        Reverb
                        Channel Combining

Comment

I thought only the ES had combining....

Comment

I only know about the RG100ES. I had a 1986 RG100ES-SS Snakeskin model and it had channel combining (which I used for solo boost when using a distortion pedal).

Comment

I think the ES only had the combining and the RG100 has clean and dist.

Comment

Working...
                              X