Randall RG100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Randall RG100

ES means it is the head version. an RG100 is a combo ES head version HT rackmount version. the reverb is not part of the footswitch but a single 1/4" jack generic footswitch. i still have the original owner manual from my RGT100ES. they later dropped the ES & called the combo an RG80.
    BTW JG i also had a greyish white snakeskin head, as well as a zebra, & irredesent checkerboard version of the rg100es.

Comment

so then I bought a RG100ES because I got a head, it was just labled as a Randall RG100.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...79498&rd=1

This is the same amp I used to see in Dime's Rack back in early-mid 90's.

Comment

If only I had the money I would grab that too, I just hope my RG100 isnt a classic head.... I would have no use for it then.

Comment

Is there any way to tell if it's a ES or classic from this pic? I have no clue if they are the same....

Comment

j2379 is correct I have a "86" zebra head and slant cab.The foot switch has two switches, one alternates between the two channels and the other kicks in and out which ever channel that is not selected.Reverb has seperate 1/4" jack.
              InFlamed check back panel between effects jacks and unswitched AC outlet for model#.
              P.S. Amp can sound pretty crappy if that switch connector starts acting up.Amp will work without the switch but it will stay in the last mode used.

Comment

You can also pull off the back panel only 16 or 20 screws and check the tags on the chassis and cabinet for manufacture date etc.

Comment

i believe thats an older one, the classic i think has a black front plate with white writing.

Comment

I think 1986 is the only year for the Zebra. Mine was the CC Deville "signature" model. It kicked total major a$$.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      j2379 is correct I have a "86" zebra head and slant cab.The foot switch has two switches, one alternates between the two channels and the other kicks in and out which ever channel that is not selected.Reverb has seperate 1/4" jack.
                      InFlamed check back panel between effects jacks and unswitched AC outlet for model#.
                      P.S. Amp can sound pretty crappy if that switch connector starts acting up.Amp will work without the switch but it will stay in the last mode used.

[/ QUOTE ]
                      So far I have found out without the footswitch the head has both channels on, no led's will light up but they are both on, basically the blend setting, all you have to do to get either channel to work is turn the volume and gain off on the other channel and walla! But I still want the footswitch.

Comment

"So far I have found out without the footswitch the head has both channels on, no led's will light up but they are both on, basically the blend setting, all you have to do to get either channel to work is turn the volume and gain off on the other channel and walla! But I still want the footswitch."

That's the best way to have the amp if you don't have the switch.The red l.e.d. or #2 channel is the dist. #1(green) is clean,it will distort but not like #2. Pull on the treble knob to get sweeter more singing dist.on #2 but you will get a major drop in volume great for playing in a bedroom or for certain recording situations,The knobs are laid out differantly than what I was used to seeing. Randall has the channel masters before the gains. Just set the gain high and master lower for good dist and the opposite for the clean chann.Great S.S.amp IMO have fun!
                        It probably is better to have the switch it would most likely prolong your individual channel life instead of always having them both on.This amp can get pretty loud! The back on mine says 150 Watts but we all know how subjective these ratings can be.I only say this because my Mesa 20/20 can keep up with it no problem.In fact the little 20/20 keeps up with the other guitarists 5150!

Comment

I'm not sure if they are the same, but my RGT100 has 3 knobs that pull out. The first is the treble knob. When you pull it out, you get a treble boost. It really changes the sound a lot. The 2nd is the master gain on the distortion channel. When you pull it out, it acts as a compression/sustainer. It greatly improves the gain, especially for lower volumes, as it drops the volume significantly. The 3rd pullout knob is the master gain on the cleaner channel. When you pull it out, it gives a substantial mid boost.
                          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

ANyone have some good settings for this head? To me so far(I haven't turned it up yet) the distortion is lacking, I know I have some hidden in there somewhere because I have heard them sound damn good.... maybe I can go the crowbar route and use a Metal Zone with it.

Comment

What are you using for pickups?
                              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Duncan Dimebucker(and no I don't like dime). It's a mid-hot pickup I do believe....

Comment

Working...
                                X