Dano Wasabi OD pedal review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dano Wasabi OD pedal review

Picked up one of these from GC for 22 bucks-so keep in mind this is a review of a 22 dollar pedal! It's late, so i wwas playing at low volume through my '64 Gibson GA25 RVT amp with my HM strat bridge HB (super 3).

Tone-pretty low gain, but a selectable 5 or 10 dB boost with a footswitch to engage it (nice feature-makes it like 2 pedals in one). Also has a 5 position vari-tone type switch-which brings us to 10 selectable tones altogether. The OD itself sounds good-can nail the Lenny Kravitz "where are we running" tone, and I stumbled across the riff from "hold on loosely" accidentally.

features-AWESOME! aside from the boost and vari-tone, there is a switch to match the pedal output to SC or HB pickups-single mode gives slightly more gain to account for thre lower output. nice. Also has a wet/dry signal knob to add more or less of the effect to your sound. Also has the standard Drive, level and tone knobs.

Overall-haven't found a better sounding or more versatile OD pedal for the price. Doesn't have as much gain as my Snarling Dogs BLue-doo, but sounds much better than the DOD screamin' blues pedal I returned last month. Overall you can get about 30 different tones from this thing. That is less than 1 dollar per tone! Go grab one. If you don't like it, it was only a few bucks!

Re: Dano Wasabi OD pedal review

Dano Wasabi? sounds like it needs for sushi or something
    [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I should check that pedal out [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Danolectro brand sold under the 'WASABI' name I guess. Made in china. DId I menion it was only 22 bucks?

Comment

Cool. I wanted to try out their chorus/tremolo pedal.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I was looking at the manual and they have the chorus pedal which looks cool, and a reverse delay-can't imagine what that would sound like.

Comment

22 bucks!?!??!
            I checked MF and they are selling fro around $100 though... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

believe it or not, i really like some of the danelectro pedals.
              i was using a fab tone for the longest time.
              i checked out the wasabi line of pedals and thought they werre pretty cool, but not for $100.
              however, at $22, it's a great bargain for a pedal with some good sounds.

Comment

Yeah, these pedals seem cool, and they're made of metal. Did GC have a clearance on them for some reason? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

I was in there a few weeks ago and they had the OD and DISTORTION pedals in a huge stack with like 99 dollar tags. Then I went in and the guy said they just weren't a good seller, so they are just trying to move them. I figured if it was 100 bucks originally, it couldn't be a total piece of crap, plus it is built like a tank-weighs about14 pounds. Plus...cool tail light LEDs. I love this thing.

Comment

Sweet. I'll have to make a trip to GC this weekend and try them out.

Comment

Working...
                    X