Overdrive Pedal Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Overdrive Pedal Advice

www.analogman.com <-does SD-1 mods (and other mods)

www.robertkeeley.com

Comment

ive got that analog man sd1 with the tube screamer mod and it does sound great but if your wanting to stay cheap and are just going to use for lead boost get a stock sd1 for 40 bucks because you are just going to end up cranking the level and tweaking up the drive a little bit and a stock sd1 will do the job just fine

Comment

DOD Juicebox (FX51). I've got two of them! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] It's a dark green pedal, I guess pretty much their version of a Tube Screamer. They're made to be used in front of an already distorted amp but also sound great running into the amp clean. Gain, level, treble and bass controls are also included. They've been discontinued for a few years, but can be found cheap on ebay.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Does it worth usin an overdrive with a ss power amp?I always got shitty results.Anyway,check out the Marshall Jackhammer,imo it's the best distortion pedal ever done!

Comment

An Ibanez tubescreamer's the best choice imho.
            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Does it worth usin an overdrive with a ss power amp?I always got shitty results.Anyway,check out the Marshall Jackhammer,imo it's the best distortion pedal ever done!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's one of the things I'd been wondering...I tried a friend's TubeDriver and the results were decent if a bit noisy. Even though I have no power tubes to push harder, it does help with the pre-amp tubes.

Comment

it works with a marshall valvestate and that has a solid state poweramp but the pre is tube. i dont now if it works with a completely ss amp i have always had to run them clean and use a distortion pedal

Comment

They sound like a$$ IMHO unless you are using a tube amp. Try a Boss Metal Zone or a Korg 411FX. The Boss Metal Zone is a MUST HAVE if you are looking for some serious grind.

Comment

JACKHAMMERRRRRRR!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]
                    It will kick any MT-2 in da ass!Much more sound quality imho!

Comment

The Jackhammer is good if you like Marshall tone, the Metal Zone is good if you like Mesa Rectifier tone. IMHO, for grinding and palm muted chunk, the MT-2 is the better choice.

Comment

I have both pedals and I prefer much more the JH,expecially for the lead sounds.The MT2 is much more grindin yeah,but it can get a pretty sterile sounds also if not properly setted. IE don't cut all that mids folks! [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

Comment

nice avatar Mordor...who cares about pedals now [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

shawnlutz.com

Comment

LOL!
                            The true story about it HERE!
                            [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Here's another vote for the Metal Zone. It flat out kicks ass.
                              Scott
                              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Try a BOSS DS-1 (the orange distortion). In my opinion it sounds thicker than my SD-1 (yellow super overdrive), and provides a nice boost. They are around $40.

Comment

Working...
                                X