Overdrive Pedal Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overdrive Pedal Advice

I'm using a TubeWorks rackmounted head with solid-state power and a tube pre-amp. I've been thinking about getting an OD pedal to add a more grinding, hard-edged distortion. Any recommendations? Please keep in mind that I had a cheap b*****d and like the good deals!

Re: Overdrive Pedal Advice

b****d???

Try a boss sd1... There cheap...

Comment

I think he meant to say he's a cheap bastard -lol.

I've been thinking about the same thing lately. I've got a Single Recto which has great distortion but I'm thinking of getting a overdrive pedal for leads instead of going to my amp and turning up the gain (or having to leave it and find a good compromise between rhythm and lead gain levels). The SD1 is one I'm considering. It's supposed to be a good match for a tube amp.
      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Nobels Natural Overdrive...very very similar to a Tube Screamer on a budget.

Comment

Boss Metal Zone. That will give you all the grind you could ever want.

Comment

Try one of the digitech pedals. Nice pallette of tones, it would at least give you a hint of what you wanted to hear.

Also, you might simply try a boost pedal, that'll drive your amp a little more.

Comment

Boss SD1 or Ibanez tube screamer
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

I like my Fulltone Full Drive II.
                Something cool about it is it has boost switch to add another level sound.
                I A/B'd with Tube Screamer TS9 but I prefer my Fulltone better and sold the TS9.

Comment

something similar to a tube screamer. just to get that slight gain boost to put your solo's over the top.
                  Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Nobels Natural Overdrive...very very similar to a Tube Screamer on a budget.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on your advice, I checked out the Web site. Nice features, and I couldn't find a single bad review of it. Hard to beat for the bucks and the German design. Thanks!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      something similar to a tube screamer. just to get that slight gain boost to put your solo's over the top.

[/ QUOTE ]
                      Not only that.
                      Fulltone is bit more quiet when not playing.

Comment

Fulldrive II is a little pricey but worth it. Or get an SD1 or TS9 and have it modded. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

I was going to suggest the SD-1. Its excellent! and $40 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Its a bit more brown and raunchy than the tubescreamers.

Comment

I said the SD1 because it is cheap. I would go for a modded analogman silver mod ts-9. I have both the sd-1 (for sale if you want it I will let it go...) and a ts-9 analogman silver mod and I like that one because it really doesn't color the tone too much. Just slams the signal without changing my amps overall tone.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Fulldrive II is a little pricey but worth it. Or get an SD1 or TS9 and have it modded. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

[/ QUOTE ]

What sorts of mods would you recommend?

By the way, I've been checking out your work. Killer stuff! Maybe one of these days...

Comment

Working...
                              X