Triple XXX??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Triple XXX??

its all in the hands and heart of the player Boxcar [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] the VHT cab may of had something to do with it, they have PE50's.
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

box i posted a vid clip of my old band in the off topic section. both of them use XXX's as a matter of fact the singers uses my old one.
      1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

I checked the clip but it is very hard to hear what the amp sounds like.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I checked the clip but it is very hard to hear what the amp sounds like.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is putting it mildly! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Keith
          The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            has anyone here had a chance to try a JSX?

[/ QUOTE ]
            Hey Nick! I just played one yesterday and a XXX. I went to a local shop and they had a LTD Lynch Tiger (black and yellow, single hum) that I asked to play. I took it into their amp room and was going to plug it into a Recto since that's what I have. Well there was a JSX next to it, so I figured I would try it out. I loved it! I messed around with the settings and tried all 3 channels. I was starting to think I liked it better than my Single Recto, so I plugged in the dual Recto they had and set it how mine at home is set. Then the guy came in and mentioned the XXX also and I tried that too. That is a great amp too, especially for the price. I agree with Dinkyjacksonman about the faceplate, I don't think the wife would be too keen on it -lol. So now, I am seriously considering selling the Boogie and getting a Peavey! It sounds crazy even typing it, but I played all three and am considering.
            Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

hey jwoods, just outta curiosity what cab(s) did you try those amps with when you tried the Lynch guitar?

Comment

Honestly, I didn't pay 100% attention to the cabs [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] but all three were 4X12s. I'm pretty sure the JSX was through a Peavey cab and the dual Recto through a Mesa cab. I do remember noticing the XXX was going through a Marshall and while playing, a 1960 in the bottom left corner caught my eye.
                Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Working...
                X