Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eddi Van Halen MXR phase 90

[ QUOTE ]
    The reissue can be modded to be like the EVH.
    Jerry

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it can. I can mod a Camaro into a toaster too. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Seriously, if you can mod it yourself then it is a much better deal to buy a reissue Phase 90 and solder away. However, for most people that want the capabilities of the EVH Phase 90 the do-it-yourself approach doesn't end up being so practical. Then it's just a matter of whether or not you want to spend the extra 60 bucks for the subtle tone difference plus the script/block switch.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      But I can't imagine the EVH one is worth twice the price.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe... Good call bro... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        The reissue can be modded to be like the EVH.
        Jerry

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it can. I can mod a Camaro into a toaster too. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tim -

I don't have a Camaro, but I do have a toaster. Can you do the toaster to Camaro mod? That would rule [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Steve E

Comment

M O N S T E R
          M O N S T E R G A R A G E

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Tim -

I don't have a Camaro, but I do have a toaster. Can you do the toaster to Camaro mod? That would rule [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Steve E

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely. That's easy! Send me your toaster and $35,000 and I'll have a Camaro out to you in about a week or two.

- Newc

Comment

I had one of those Camaro toasters (other than my Mustang that that toasts camaros religiously). The reason I know it was a Camaro Toaster is that it came with a fake gold necklace to wear, broke right after I bought it, and rusted out in a year or so... Hehe...

Comment

I can do a Mustang for the same price.

- Newc

Comment

Well, if it's a new mustang, it will rust out even quicker!

Comment

I can do a rusted Mustang for $5000 more.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]
                      But I can't imagine the EVH one is worth twice the price.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe... Good call bro... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a hard time believeing that the cost of producing the EVH phase 90 is more than $5 on top of producing the Reissue. I bet the rest of that $ goes to Mr. I-am-too-drunk-to-tour-anymore-so-I-need-another-source-of-income.

Comment

if someone has the technology and the will power to record a little diddy with this evh pedal thing, i would appreciate it.

Comment

Ed Told me " All the way down"....and this was on the Golf Course"..So go figure...He said he used it because the one he had had a "Boost". That Pick Up was broken after he dipped it in wax, so the tone is gonna be different.

Comment

I have had many Camaros....Boycott the EVH Phase 90 until Ed starts being cool again....Ed isn't signing stuff and acting like a tool. Grant it No EVH, No Casey the guitar guy..No Fans...No EVH...take the resistor out and make your own script...remember...turn it all the way down....

Comment

Not to let a thread die, but I got a EVH phase 90 today, and from my first impressions and untrained ear, the EVH with script enabled does this:
                              Imitate a phaser by exagerating yawning like a very tired cat while imitating a wah pedal. Now do that, only three fourths as wide, cutting the highs a little and boosting the low-mid.
                              It sounds much-less obvious to me than the other non-evh phasers I've heard, less OH-SH!t the phaser kicked in and more smooth, though unless you are A/Bing them I don't know if you'd notice. I like mine, but then again I traded some junk I don't use for mine and didn't pay $129 for it.
                              When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Working...
                              X