New Peavey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Peavey

I have been looking for a small practice type amp for awhile now, but don't have much for funds. Today I was at a dealer that does all used gear, and seen this sitting there.

so, anyway, he has a price tag of 95 bucks on it. So I talk him down to 75, he agrees. But hell, he won't take a check. All I have in my pocket is 50 bucks. He took it. So, it's a o.k. amp to just jam on, or take somewhere if I don't want to take the stack.
    I don't think I did all that bad for 50 LOL...it's in great shape, pretty good tone.
    [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Re: New Peavey

I got my nephew the Audition 30, an earlier version of that, and they're pretty cool, loud for what they are, and a channel switching amp that will ALMOST keep up with a drummer for that cheap (I paid $66 for my nephew's) is a great deal. Hella nice score at $50!
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

A friend of mine bought one of those little Transtube 65 watt things, awesome little amp to practice with when he can't crank his JCM900.

Andy!

Comment

I love PEavey's amps. Maybe it's because my first amp was one, but the distortion sound is great even on the small amps. I agree-they are loud as hell for their size, plus they are built like tanks. 50 bucks is a killer deal for one of those. The newer style "transtube" ones or whatever they are called sound real good too-check them out if you are looking for another amp sometime.

Comment

Also, I learned a valuable elsson about those little amps-if you have the gain dimed out, and turn the volume up high-they actually seem to lose some distortion, but they get it back if you back off the gain a little. Strange.

Comment

I used to have a TransTube Express 112, my brother has a TransTube Bandit, and I currently have a TransTube Special 212. Last weekend, we had an out-of-town show and not enough room to bring our usual (bigger) amps, so he used the Special 212 in place of his usual half stack. It sounded great, and was a lot less painful to haul around.
            sigpic

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Also, I learned a valuable elsson about those little amps-if you have the gain dimed out, and turn the volume up high-they actually seem to lose some distortion, but they get it back if you back off the gain a little. Strange.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is exactly what I've found to be true too, with all of the Peavey transistor amps that I've ever tried! Weird but ok it works [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool score for $50.00!

Comment

That's a bang for the buck. Good price.

Comment

50 bucks! You can't go wrong with that.
                    Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Nice score dude! One of my friends has an older model, I do believe it to be a transtube. Not bad for solid state at all, and I must second the volume! It's only a 112, yet it was powerful enough for everybody to hear, OUTSIDE at a smalltown football game. Not bad for a 112 at all!

Comment

Working...
                      X