M-Audio Delta 44

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M-Audio Delta 44

Anyone here use the M-Audio Delta 44 for PC-based recording? I've been looking at setting up a dedicated recording station using various old parts, and for $150 the Delta 44 has a PCI host card that connects to a 4-input/4-output breakout box, 1/4-inch connectors all around. That's twice the I/O of my current Echo MIA card, and the price sure seems good. However, I'd like to get some feedback first...
    sigpic

Re: M-Audio Delta 44

Maudio makes great stuff. I use the PCI version of the Omnistudio.

http://m-audio.com/products/en_us/OmniStudio-main.html

These can be had for around $250 used and are well worth it. This is pretty much the Delta 66 with this box. The Delta 44 can also be used with it.

Comment

I used an Audiophile 2496 for close to two years, and loved it, then a Delta 44 for a couple of weeks, and loved it too. I needed MIDI and S/PDIF, so I ditched the 44 for a 1010.

So, I love M-Audio gear. If you don't need digital I/O or MIDI, go with the 44. If you get a 66, though, then later you can synch it with additonal cards: another 66, a 2496, a 1010... when they have digital I/O you can daisy chain them to all run off one clock, and you can keep adding up to (I think) four cards total. So maybe think about that, if you might want more channels in a year or two.

Man, did I just type all that?

Keith

EDIT: Oh, and for the record, would someone please PM jgcable and point out that yes, on occasion, my posts do have content? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

I have a delta44 and an audiophile as well,never had a problem.

Comment

I use an Audiophile 2496 too. M-Audio soundcards are killer value!

Comment

Inazone, I have a Omni Studio I will sell you for the same price plus shipping.(actual shipping)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I used an Audiophile 2496 for close to two years, and loved it, then a Delta 44 for a couple of weeks, and loved it too. I needed MIDI and S/PDIF, so I ditched the 44 for a 1010.

So, I love M-Audio gear. If you don't need digital I/O or MIDI, go with the 44. If you get a 66, though, then later you can synch it with additonal cards: another 66, a 2496, a 1010... when they have digital I/O you can daisy chain them to all run off one clock, and you can keep adding up to (I think) four cards total. So maybe think about that, if you might want more channels in a year or two.

Man, did I just type all that?

Keith

EDIT: Oh, and for the record, would someone please PM jgcable and point out that yes, on occasion, my posts do have content? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Darn your smart. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Inazone, I have a Omni Studio I will sell you for the same price plus shipping.(actual shipping)

[/ QUOTE ]

My lates eBay purchase has put the recording card upgrade on hold for a little bit, but thanks for offering. I may get in touch with you later about that depending on what I decide to do.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X