need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help

OK, heres the deal. I have a TC electronics g force processor. I need to know what expression pedal is compatable with it. I talked to tc electronics and they dont know what brand they just gave me this answere. "Normally most volume and expression pedals with jack connectors work but we recommend pedals within the range of 30kohm to 200kohm for best performance. it becomes critical if the resistance is more than 260kohm when the pedal is at max. expression/volume. resistance down to 1kohm should not give a problem but we recommend higher values." If anyone can make sense of this please let me know. I just want to buy the expression pedal. Thanks Paul

Re: need help

I'm thinking what they want is a low impedance pedal, like for a keyboard controller, they are usually 25-100K-ohms I think.

Most guitar volume pedals are considered high impedance. Like I'm thinking whatever a guitar volume control is, say 250-500 maybe.

Like these are high and low impedance pedals, with the low impedance one oriented towards keys and effect unit control.

http://www.rolandus.com/products/det...did=FV-50H%2FL

Comment

Do you think any of the Ernie Ball volume pedals will work as an expression pedal with the g force? I have seen people use the EB volume pedal as an expression pedal.

Comment

I'm thinking they are high impedance... I don't think it would hurt it to try really.

I used a Korg guitar volume on my Voodu Valve and Intellifex for expression, and they were sorta glitchy... Not sure if it was the pedal causing it, or their software was iffy.

Comment

Hmmm... Check this:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...2108?src=01350

Comment

Yea, I had the Boss/Roland ev5 and what a piece of crap. Thats why im looking for another brand. I just cant find out what other one is compatable with the g force? I cant believe that TC electronics cant answere this. I dont know where else to turn with this question? I e mailed a lot of companies and cant get a straight answere.

Comment

Yeah, those korg I have looks like the Boss ones, they are crap for sure.

I love my Ernie Ball volume... Do you already have an EB?

Comment

Yea, im going to try it with the g force. The only thing is I dont want to cause any damage. You know that it might not cause any problems at first but a few months from now it might screw the g force up. I e mailed Ernie Ball and am waiting to see what they have to say.

Comment

Let us know what they have to say. I have a G-force that I need to get an expression pedal for as well. I have an old Boss FV-50L and it is indeed crap. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I will let you know. I cant believe how hard it is to find this info out. I have been allover the web trying to get this info and no one can tell me shiet. I will tell you TC electronics has the worst customer service I have ever come across. I have called them a few times and they always give me the wrong info.

Comment

I just measured my Ernie ball pedal (it's a typical EB Pedal with the tuner out on it), and it goes from 1.35k to 245k on the output jack (the only jack the change in a sweep of the pedal). It has a 250k pot in I can see in it.

Comment

So what do you think? Will that work with the g force? I was thinking of the EB 6167 with the 25kohm. Thats the one in the link you posted.

Comment

I dont think it will work. I think it has to be between 30kohm and 200kohm. Any less and its not enough power to the unit and anymore and you have to much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            it becomes critical if the resistance is more than 260kohm when the pedal is at max. expression/volume. resistance down to 1kohm should not give a problem but we recommend higher values

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it's under 260Kohm (245k), and slightly above 1Kohm (1.3k) I'd say it could work fine.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I dont think it will work. I think it has to be between 30kohm and 200kohm. Any less and its not enough power to the unit and anymore and you have to much.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is NO WAY you are going to hurt your G-Force. The effect you are going to have with too high of an impedance pedal is that you will just shut the signal off much sooner in your sweep of the pedal. Volume pedals don't ADD signal/current, they only subtract it.

Comment

Working...
                              X