Your dream rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your dream rig

OK, if you had a multi-platnium budget, a large stage with crew, massive endorsements, etc. and you got whatever gear you wanted, what would your rig be?

Mine would be:
    the guitar of my choice
    VHT Valvulator guitar preamp
    ADA MP1 guitar preamp modded by Voodoo Amps
    G-force multieffects
    2 x VHT 2150
    Sunn Model T original
    6 Mesa Boogie 4X12 halfback speaker cabinets
    2 18" subwoofers

My friend Josh in Cattle Decapitation has a pretty sweet rig, a Bogner Uberschall and an Engl Fireball into two Boger 4X12's. He gets a real smooth tone out of them together.

Re: Your dream rig

Guitar of my choice (Jackson 7 or 8 string custom)
    ENGL Powerball
    Bogner Uberschall
    2 Marshall 4 x 12 cabs with the speakers that i use in my cab (some sort of discontinued celestion)
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Jackson KE1 non Floyd with Quilt top
      Jackson KE2T Trans Black (if they excist, otherwise this would be my custom shop)
      Bogner Uberschall
      Soldano Decatone
      Mesa Boogie oversized 2x12 Rectifier with V30s
      Framus Cobra 4x12 loaded with Greenbacks
      Kress lime green snakeskin 2x12 with one G12-80 Classic lead & one V30
      Monster cables
      FX: Morley Bad Horsie 2, Boss DS-1, Boss HR-2 Harmonist, Ibanez TS-8 Tube Screamer

I'm going to try to get pretty close to this rig, but Bogners and Soldanos aren't really doable for me at the moment. Instead I'm probably getting a Framus Cobra or Dragon [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

whooaa....dream rig? alright, this is gonna be excessive

guitars: several bcrich and jackson customs, as well as 2 or 3 EBMM john petrucci guitars

amps:
        bogner uberschall and diezel herbert in stereo
        soldano slo and peavey 5150 in stereo (the 5150 set really dark and bass heavy for that low end chug, and the slo set pretty bright to add some cut and sparkle)

the 5150's running through stock 5150 cabs, the slo....i dont know lol, the uber and the diezel both through ubercabs with vintage 30's and celestion 80's wired in an X pattern

a/b box to switch between those two rigs live

for effects, it's only the g-force, the dunlop rackwah, and some overdrive stompboxes (mainly mt2, ts8, sd1, ds1)

only downside of that rig: all in all it would be about 35000 euro...

Comment

I'm actually getting close to my dream rig... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

racks are for homos [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] just kidding. I would just add to what I already have. In addition to the 2203 and VHT 50/CL and DC-5, with Marshall and Bogner 4x12's I would add a Bogner XTC 101B and a Soldano SLO. I'd also add a couple more 4x12 so each head would have a 4x12, I'd probably go with a VHT and A Soldano 4x12's although the Bogner cab I have would be hard to top. I'd run 4 1/2 stacks.

I'm all for multiple heads that do their own thing and do it well. I suppose if I were gigging I'd try to find an amp that could do it all so I wouldn't have to cart so much stuff.
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

i'm actually pretty close to mine now. i just want to figure out how to make it all midi controllable, so i can have all my effect and channel switches with one butoon instead of the several i need to make now. oh yeah, i'd like to get a better effects processor that gives me the sound of the zoom (which i really like since all i use is chorus and slight delay) that is midi controllable.

GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

i own my dream [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

i allways wanted a marshall fullstack, and since a year i own one. for me the 6100 anniversary amp works pretty good.
                i love the sound of a marshall.

Comment

Sunn Model T full-stack and a really nice gate would be perfect for me. I have a lot of pedals that I use, but essentially, the full-stack and gate would suffice. Anyone else have any experience with the Model T?
                  "my aim is precise, armed with my own failures"

Comment

I've seen and heard other people using the Model T but I have yet to play one myself. I really want to.

And good idea Cleve on putting the 2150 in a seperate rack. I have my whole rig in a 10 space, 2150 and all, and it weighs a ton.

Comment

My dream rig is being finished right now. For the last 5 years, my rig consisted of:
                      Mesa Triaxis
                      Mesa Simul 2:90 power amp
                      Mesa 4X12 Recto w Celestion v30s
                      TC Electronic G-Force
                      Digitech GSP 2101
                      Morley Bad Horsey Wah
                      Morley Lil Alligator volume
                      Korg DTR-1 rack tuner
                      TC Electronic M-One XL
                      Lexicon MPX-R1 foot controller

That rig sounded great and I recorded 2 cds with it. But I had always wanted the ULTIMATE live rig. Over the last few months, I picked up the final pieces of my dream rig and it's being finished now. I shoudl have it back this coming week:
                      Mesa Triple Rectifier
                      Mesa 4X12 Recto cab and 2X12 Recto cab
                      TC Electronic 2290 Digital Delay/Effects processor
                      TC Electr. G- Force
                      Eventide H3000 D/SE Harmonizer
                      Boss BF-3 Flanger
                      Morley B.H. Wah
                      Morley L.A. volume
                      Korg DTR-1 rack tuner
                      DMC Ground Control
                      DMC GCX midi switcher

The Eventide is the most unreal effects unit I've ever played thru. Crazy backwards guitars, bizarre pitch shifting. The 2290 is the industry standard digital delay and it can also act as the brain of an effects rack. The G-Force is still a great unit but I'm going to dedicate it to doing strictly compression and maybe some chorusing. I can't wait to use the rig live. Joel Drabicki and I met up at his house in Chicago and I bought his Mesa 20-space Shock mount rack to house it all. It'll be a pain to lug it around to shows but it should be extremely versatile.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        i own my dream [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

i allways wanted a marshall fullstack, and since a year i own one. for me the 6100 anniversary amp works pretty good.
                        i love the sound of a marshall.

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe,

Great taste bro!....the Anniversary amps are still my favorite Marshalls! I owned 2 BLUE Anniversary halfs before switching to Mesa.

My current dream rig is 2 Framus Cobra 1/2's running in stereo with a G-Force running between them.
                        I estimate by early next year I will probably have it.

Comment

SlO100 head
                          Soldano 4X12
                          MXR phase 90
                          Dunlup Wah
                          1 Hum/1 Single Strat with a floyd
                          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Mark IIC+ Wide Head (slave out to marshall as preamp = ultimate tone!)
                            Mark IV Head
                            Mesa Boogie Triaxis
                            Mesa Boogie Strategy 400 Power Amp
                            Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier (older 2 channel version)
                            Roland JC120 combo
                            ADA MP1
                            Aphex Parametric EQ
                            Selection of Marshall JMP/JCM Heads (JCM800 and 100w superlead included for sure)
                            4 Mesa Boogie 4x12 cabs (Celestion 30's)
                            8 Marshall 4x12 cabs (1960, etc) (Celestion 30's)
                            ---------------------
                            Dunlop Rack Wah
                            Dunlop Crybaby From Hell Wah
                            Boss CH1 Chorus pedal
                            Korg Tuner
                            Sony wireless
                            Ibanez TS10 Tube Screamer
                            -------------------------------
                            Olympic White ESP MX-250 (EMG 81/60)
                            Pearl White ESP MX-250 (EMG 81/81)
                            Gibson '84 Pickguardless Explorer (white with black head) (EMG 81/60)
                            Jackson RR1T, all black, with black hardware, EMG 81b/89n
                            Yellow Jackson SL2H-MAH (EMG 81/81)
                            Assortment of custom shop guitars with custom graphics (ESP and Jackson)
                            Conklin Custom 7 string
                            Seafoam Green Fender Strat
                            Metallic grey MusicMan John Petrucci signature
                            2 L'arrivée custom shop acoustics
                            Black Beauty Gibson Les Paul
                            Black Gibson Les Paul with creme white binding
                            Black ESP Custom Explorer doubleneck, siamese banana headstock, 12/6 stringer.

Oh and to top it all off, I'd love for some Dunlop Tortex 0.88 and 2 mil picks, but I think that would make it all just a bit expensive. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I had mine but sold it when I stopped gigging years ago:
                              (2)ADA MP-1 Pre-amps
                              (2)Roland GP-8 processors
                              run in stereo thru:
                              (4)Marshall JCM900 100watt heads(used as power amps only!!)
                              (8)Marshall JCM800 4X12" cabs
                              F*ck I miss that!!

Comment

Working...
                              X